Talk

Advanced search

US children's shoe sizes?

(6 Posts)
tethersend Sun 01-Aug-10 11:10:02

I have seen some boots on a US site that I want for DD who is 20mo and currently size 4 1/2... However, she has only just started walking so I don't want to put her in boots too soon.

I want these boots to fit her at some point in the autumn/winter and have no idea how fast children's feet grow or to convert US sizes to UK ones- help!

moragbellingham Sun 01-Aug-10 14:42:58

I have been told that US sizes are equivalent to the next size down in the UK.
Therefore a UK 4.5 would be a US 5.5
I made this mistake in GAP as they have US sizing for UK shoes - very handy indeed!!

SatinandTat Sun 01-Aug-10 16:18:48

Boden to the rescue. Then just click on measurements and there is a conversion table. Hope this helps.

letsblowthistacostand Sun 01-Aug-10 18:25:03

Growth rate of children's feet very unpredictable. I wouldn't buy anything for a child that age that I hadn't seen on her feet as the sizing might run big/small or wide/narrow so might not fit at all ever.

Wellies or crocs would probably be ok to order but anything else I'd want to try first.

ArthurPewty Sun 01-Aug-10 18:39:52

Message withdrawn

tethersend Sun 01-Aug-10 22:11:53

Thanks smile

Good old Boden, eh?

So... I'm going to gamble and get her a 6 1/2 US size which should be a 5 1/2- 6 UK. Which will probably fit her in the autumn?

Or do you think I should get a bigger size? She'll grow into them eventually, right?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now