Talk

Advanced search

North West mnetters, can you help?

(7 Posts)
lilibet Mon 22-Aug-05 09:15:33

My dd is starting training to be a beauty therapist in Spetember and she needs to sort out a placement in a salon for one day a week. We have been told by the college that she should try and get somewhere quite large rather than just a 'corner shop' type.

So can anyone help with places that she can contact. It has to be accessible by public transport form Wigan, so we can reach any of the main towns by train.

So far we have got the Lowry Hotel, Wrightington Country Club, Kendals in Manchester, Meridian Spa in Bolton. I know that there must be loads in hotels and gyms, just having trouble finding them.

dyzzidi Mon 22-Aug-05 09:17:07

Livingwells onPeter Street Mcr??

Iklboo Mon 22-Aug-05 09:17:14

Have you tried the Living Well gyms? They've got hair salons I think. There's one on Quay St in Manchester. Also the Toni & Guy salons on Deansgate, places like that?

lilibet Mon 22-Aug-05 09:19:27

Are Tony and Guy not just hairdressers?

Feffi Mon 22-Aug-05 09:24:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jenk1 Mon 22-Aug-05 10:01:49

what about village hotels? they have salons, beauty salons and gyms, cant do a link sorry

lilibet Mon 22-Aug-05 10:57:23

It's beauty salons that we are after, not hairdressers, sorry probably didn't make myself clear!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now