Talk

Advanced search

ANYONE DONE A GCSE IN ENGLISH?

(7 Posts)
goldiilocks Tue 09-Aug-05 10:26:49

Hi ive enrolled on the course but am non the wiser about the syllabus, and examinations? Can anyone shed some light?

Tortington Tue 09-Aug-05 10:39:46

well done you!

no i did mine ages ago when god was the invigilator. can't the college shed some light?

emily05 Tue 09-Aug-05 10:43:42

Do you know - are EDEXCEL the exam board? If they are look at this link \link{ http://www.edexcel.org.uk/quals/gcse/english/leg/1202\click on SPECIFICATION}

If it is another exam board that your college use let me know and I will see what I can find out for you (if you are unsure tell me what college you are going to and I will see if I can find out)

emily05 Tue 09-Aug-05 10:44:25

try again

opps had trouble wit the link

goldiilocks Tue 09-Aug-05 10:46:15

Hi, tried to get a response from college, to no avail!
Am going to the huntingdonshire regional college!!
Just trying to prepare before i embark into the world of the unknown,lol!!

fireflyfairy2 Tue 09-Aug-05 10:46:42

Hi.. I sat my GCSE English 4 years ago SO if you need a hand gimme a shout!!!

On my class we had 3 assignments to do. One at Xmas, Easter and Halloween and then 2 exams in the summer which we were given the material for weeks in advance (like a essay to read an in the examination we had to answer questions on it)
We also had to write a letter, business and personal to show our understanding of the 2 different ways! But you will be taught all this in class and it'll be fine. We also had to write short stories and biographys.. I loved it! Came out at the end with an A!

goldiilocks Tue 09-Aug-05 10:49:00

I adored English at school, but because i got bullied, only got a d grade ( as i skipped school to avoid the bullies!)
A little bit of me is a little hestitant to return, but i need to now the kids are getting older!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now