Advanced search

Open University and referees

(6 Posts)
merglemergle Sun 17-Jul-05 18:17:04

Hi. I want to do an OU course but I'm going to need a reference out of it. Its that or an access course, and I prefer the OU because I don't have to pay childcare.

I actually do have a degree so am not so worried about help with uni application (midwifery) although that would be a real plus. But I have a newborn and a 2 year old and I don't want to and cannot afford to use childcare for an access course-won't mind so much once the baby is older.

Anyone got any experience of asking the OU for a reference?

Another option might be a one night a week A level (eg biology)-but thats still going to be tricky.

Opinions please!

leonardodavinci Sun 17-Jul-05 18:20:10

sorry don't quite understand the message, am a bit thick at times

merglemergle Sun 17-Jul-05 18:23:56

Ok, sorry, baby on lap.

Bascially, I need to do an access-type course, but it needs to be one where I can get a reference, as I have not studied in the past few years. My prefered course is with the OU, but because of the limited contact with tutor, not sure if I can get a reference. So wondering if anyone else had any experience of doing this.

Thanks. Sorry if not clear.

Janh Sun 17-Jul-05 18:28:44

Would a tutor normally give a personal reference though, or a student reference - works hard, hands work in on time etc?

SenoraPostrophe Sun 17-Jul-05 18:37:35

you can get a reference from your OU tutor like you can from your personal tutor at university.

My mum saw her OU tutor a damn sight more than i saw the woman who was supposed to give my reference

merglemergle Mon 18-Jul-05 13:05:54

Oh thats great, so long as I can get something off them, I'll get on and do the course. Ta.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: