Talk

Advanced search

Anyone doing W100 with the OU?

(11 Posts)
UndomesticHousewife Mon 01-Feb-10 14:08:21

I've just started the W100 Introduction to Law and I was wondering if anyone else is as mad as I am!!

I've started the reading because the first tma has to be in on 26th Feb and I'm really surprised at the level of the work. I did DSE212 Exploring Psychology a few years ago and I didn't think it was that bad as a level 2 course, but I'm finding that this level 1 course to be of a higher level than I thought a level 1 course would be - which makes me very scared about the Law level 2 and 3 courses!!!

Maybe psychology is 'easier' than law.

Is anyone doing or has done LLB or any of the courses with the OU and have any calming words of advice for me grin

UndomesticHousewife Tue 02-Feb-10 14:15:51

Just me then....

tazin2001 Sun 14-Feb-10 20:11:46

Just passed this notice
I am also doing W100 so your not on your own, I have set up a group on facebook you can find it here http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=690430636#!/group.php?gid=267812952695&ref=ts

How are you doin so far ?
Sarah x

UndomesticHousewife Sat 27-Feb-10 00:00:17

Hello!!! Just seen this reply, am excited there's someone else doing it too!

I'm doing ok I think, sent eTMA 01, I was a bit surprised when I read the tma because it had nothing to do with the unit I had just read!
Knowing what a rule is did not help me decipher the protection of wrecks act grin but I got through it somehow and it's too late now.

Am doing the reading for tma 2, and it's loads, have just started reading the pressure groups in unit 3.

I will look at teh facebook group and will join, thanks see you on there!

UndomesticHousewife Sat 27-Feb-10 00:05:07

Hi, I've requested to join the group just waiting to be confirmed. smile

Fred65 Thu 24-Mar-11 09:11:01

I was so excited to find this post then I realised it was year out of date!!! i've just started W100 and I agree about the amount of work needed... my TMA02 is a disaster and I think I'll be really lucky to achieve this one. Plus there is no tutor support up here in the wilds of Scotland, only a face to face if I go to Edinburgh or Glasgow which is five hrs away! Arrgghhh HELP.

MatureUniStudent Thu 24-Mar-11 19:13:15

oh I got my best result from the Wrecks Act! It was downhill from there, but I got my Cert Legal Stud (Open) - I kid you not, a year of study to be a certified stud... Open no less... But I sucked at OU LLB and transfered to Uni where I am thankfully, less rubbish. Keep us informed and I'll help/guide you where I can! I recommend the Facebook help groups, they were a real lifeline for me.

maighdlin Tue 29-Mar-11 19:57:32

i did W100 nearly two years ago. i loved it. give me a love for learning law and im now studying it full time at university. if you need any help give me a shout.

Angel74 Thu 21-Apr-11 23:22:55

Hi Fred65 I have also taken up w100 and am due to hand in TMA03 tomorrow but haven't even started it yet ! Dont think I'm doing too well averaging about 50% on previous TMA's. How are you doing ? I also have a long journey to study group and haven't been able to make one yet so if you fancy a chat email me on dornam@hotmail.co.uk

millie30 Thu 26-May-11 08:16:09

Hi I'm pleased to have found this thread! I'm also doing the W100 but finding it quite hard, the workload is heavy and there is no room to get a bit behind! Last week I submitted my eTMA 04, every time I submit a piece of work I start rereading it afterwards and panicking that I've messed up. How is everyone else getting on?

insertcleverusernamehere Fri 17-Jun-11 15:08:58

Hey so glad I found you all!! I'm doing w100... I'm not finding the work hard but it is murder trying to find the time to do it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now