Advanced search

What Course? I need a level 3 in childcare/ play

(3 Posts)
Xena Fri 08-Jul-05 20:42:49

I want to open an afterschool club in the local school but I need to gain a level 3?? In order to be the responsible person, can anyone make any suggestions?

matthewsmummy Tue 19-Jul-05 15:49:46

i am going back to college in september to finish my child care course, i strated it two yrs ago but ds decided to come along so i took a yr out and am going back to finished it.

i am doing a course called a national diploma in child care and education. it is level 3. it study's children fron birth to 8 yrs but also qulifies you for older children i think. its a very enjoyable course as you get to do placements in nurseries and schools.

its a two yr course, you might be looking for something shorter than that. my college also do a 1 yr course but its only a level 2

most college's also do like one day courses on playwork but im not sure they would qualify you enough to run it

hope thats help

Smurfgirl Tue 19-Jul-05 18:52:43

You will need a CACHE diploma or a NVQ 3.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: