Talk

Advanced search

I'm *so* unmotivated......help me please

(12 Posts)
KatyMac Fri 17-Jun-05 22:09:48

I'm a childminder and I'm doing my NVQ3 in Early years childcare & education.

I'm struggling

I'm working 50 hrs childminding a week - I also do about 4 -8 hrs a week accounts/prep/menus etc

I occasionally spend time with DD & DH and that housekeeping stuff.

I'm doing OK on my assessments and I'm obv doing my minding OK cos OFSTED like me

But I cannot get my course work done - I don't have time...I just can't find time

And to cap it all I have ME so I can't concentrate effectively after about 5pm (I work until 6) What can I do??

btw I'm not sure I expect an answer I'm just sounding off and whinging. I think I may give it up

KatyMac Mon 04-Jul-05 18:59:48

I'm having another sh*tty day

No get up and go at all

So down, and I can't get any work done

charliecat Mon 04-Jul-05 19:01:10

Goodness me sounds like you are working REALLY hard...could dh take over an hours worth of work in the evenings (after youve had a relaxing bath) so you can get some work done?

Xena Mon 04-Jul-05 19:01:51

sorry KM

I was talking to a lady at the CIS today about starting a qualification course.

KatyMac Mon 04-Jul-05 20:01:03

Thanks for the support, I appreciate it

lunavix Mon 04-Jul-05 20:08:48

I really admire you Katy. You are doing your minding on such a large scale, and doing so much work. I complain about 30 hours of minding, and having to clean the house in the evenings.

I think you're a star.

charliecat Mon 04-Jul-05 22:41:11

somewhere on here there is a bit for folk doing NVQ you need to pay to post but read away for free. HTH

KatyMac Tue 05-Jul-05 19:07:07

Thanks CharlieCat - but it won't let me look unless I pay

Anyway I have asked for my NVQ to be extended AGAIN so I don't know how long for this time.....

I have no impetus

charliecat Tue 05-Jul-05 19:45:54

really, it lets me and i havent paid Theres not enough hours in the day is there?

KatyMac Tue 05-Jul-05 19:48:33

Maybe it likes you......

emily05 Tue 05-Jul-05 19:49:15

KM - I cant advice you much - but I just wanted to say how much I admire you!

I could not do what you do (working 50 hrs a week) let alone cope with a dd and a course! And on top of that you have ME?! You are doing fantastic girl! No wonder you feel overwealmed at the moment.

As I said - I have no advice becaus compared to you I am very lazy! Just wanted to say how well you are doing juggling it all!

KatyMac Tue 05-Jul-05 19:52:40

Thanks Emily - I think the problem is that I'm not juggling it sucessfully - I need more time

Time for me = staff (as DH really can't do anymore) = less income

So I need more kids...or a lottery win

My ME is really in remission so I have to be so careful not to trigger it

But thanks you for you kind (and very supportive) thoughts

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: