Advanced search

Funding for higher education

(6 Posts)
Foxy800 Thu 15-Oct-09 08:59:47

HI there,

I am currently working 3 days a week but my lo goes to school in September and I would really like to do an open university degree but dont know where to start on the funding side as course is expensive. Any advice would be greatly received. ( I have had a quick look at the ou's funding support but wasnt sure if its classed as a loan or not, does anyone know?)

ChopsTheDuck Thu 15-Oct-09 09:05:30

there are grants and loans available. If you claim a means tested benefit such as housing benefit, working tax credit, you may be entitled to a grant.

If you aren't entitled to a grant you can have your payments spread over the year via a OUSBA account, which is a kind of low interest loan.

Foxy800 Thu 15-Oct-09 09:08:42

Thank you for your quick reply.

Foxy800 Fri 16-Oct-09 08:44:05

Also with the ou it is means tested,does this include ax credits or just ur earnings?

Thank you in advance.

ChopsTheDuck Fri 16-Oct-09 16:18:15

I'm not entirely certain, I think it was jsut earnings.

Last tiem I applied, all they wanted to know is if I had a means tested benefit, and evidence of that. Then I automatically qualified.

Foxy800 Fri 16-Oct-09 16:55:20

Ok thats great, thank you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: