Talk

Advanced search

Exam on Friday, not got a hope in hell, wwyd?

(7 Posts)
ChopsTheDuck Wed 14-Oct-09 09:36:05

I've worked my arse off for the past 4 weeks revising, but sitting and looking at questions its just not worked.

I can't REMEMBER any of it past the basic facts which isn't going to get a pass grade in the exam.

What do I do?

I've struggled all year with this course, and tempted now jsut to drop it and start the next one - which overlapped and was supposed to start two weeks ago.

I don't know whether to waste any more time on this or not. I have a full day to revise today, and 3 hours tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to suddenly click in that short a time. It's the last course of my current degree though. sad

Even if I do pass it and count it tw my degree I will probably get a third, so I am wondering whether I am better off dropping this, and then I can transfer some of the work I have done tw a better degree. Other courses I have done, I have got good grades.

Sorry if I'm rambling - revision fuddled brain!

MamaVegas Wed 14-Oct-09 09:48:18

Hi Chops, I finished my degree in July and last October could have written your post (even the bit about overlapping courses). I hated the last module of my degree with a passion and begrudged every last minute spent on it. However, you say you know the basics and you will be surprised how much you can get out onto the page. I would say do the exam but have in mind that if necessary you can retake. Draft your answers at the start, just putting down everything you know about the question, even if not directly relevant can show the examiners your understanding of the issues.

I understand that its no good saying - don't worry its just an exam - I managed to get myself super-stressed before each one but the adrenaline can work to good effect once the invigilator says 'start now'!. During my last exam I was not only counting the time available for each question, but was more excited about the fact that I only had 2 hours of the course, 1 hour of the course, etc left. And the relief at the end was huge.

My degree result wasn't what I had hoped for, but as they say no-one asks you your result, just the fact you have a degree shows commitment, resilience and dedication.

Keep going, go to the exam, might as well now and do you best. You have got this far you can get to the end.

Good Luck
MV

ChopsTheDuck Wed 14-Oct-09 10:00:06

thank you, it is a relief to know I'm not the only one who has felt like this and still passed!

I loathe it now too. Wish had never started law!

MamaVegas Wed 14-Oct-09 10:06:32

Mine was law too! W300 and W301 were the most boring hateful things I have ever done. In about Junelast year, so 5 years into a six year degree I talked to DH about giving it up I hated W301 so much - to the point I cried like a whingey child about how much I hated it.

OU October exam - nothing worse and this is the first year in 6 years that I haven't got one - it's bliss!

ps the last course for points I did was Criminology and I absolutely loved it - the degree (and W300 & 301 especially) cemented my decision not to become a solicitor and am now looking (after years maternity leave) at returning to work in some form of criminal justice area.

Keep going - the other side is free and light!

Good Luck
MV

MamaVegas Wed 14-Oct-09 10:10:42

PS now stop looking at MN and get back to your revising!!

ChopsTheDuck Wed 14-Oct-09 10:47:57

ooh I've had quite a few paddies and stomping my feet and saying I'm quitting at different stages this year!

It can't jsut be me then!

Nice to hear you are having a much better time now. My next plan is to do literature - a complete change of direction, and something I actually enjoy.

MissGreatBritain Fri 30-Oct-09 09:19:55

Chops - did you take your exam and if so how did it go? I'm doing Literature so if you need any info then ask away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now