Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone still waiting for their student finance award for either themselves or their child?

(4 Posts)
AngryFromManchester Tue 13-Oct-09 10:10:39

I am in my 2nd year and I do not qualify for the means tested grants or loans, so applying back in may/june I thought my maintenance loan and grant would be pretty straight forward. I rely on my maintenance loan to pay for my childcare (for 3 children, one who is disabled) but after months of phoning and sending new information at their request they are now saying it is just awaiyting validation.......

I could scream. I can only afford to pay for oone day childcare this week and i am going to have to take the rest of the money out of my sons birthdaY MONEY (off other peoplesad
) I was given an emergency loan off the uni but it only covered part of my childcare costs

Is anyone else in the same situation?

monkeysavingexpertdotcom Tue 13-Oct-09 18:35:04

Can you go back to the uni and apply for Access to Learning Fund money? Depending on how they work, they may be able to give you a loan based on a future payment from the Access to Learning Fund if they think you're likely to get one.
Also, IF you manage to get through again ask what validation means. Are they waiting for your uni to confirm your attendance? If they say that's what it is you can ask the uni if they've done that yet.

AngryFromManchester Wed 14-Oct-09 09:37:28

yes uni have said i can reapply but they cap it at £60 p/w. My chilcare is over £100 p/w and fuel costs are £20 ish sad

I* am ringing them atm...

thanks btw

AngryFromManchester Wed 14-Oct-09 10:08:49

argh

the man i spoke to does not understand WHY it is awaiting validation as he has read through my notes and I have provided them with all the information I need to. He has flagged it up on the system as CRITICAL but said they can take 6 days to phone me back

<sigh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now