Talk

Advanced search

OU students, is cannibalising a part of a past TMA answer for ECA OK?

(7 Posts)
dizietsma Sat 03-Oct-09 18:29:32

Doing DD100 and am tearing my hair out over my ECA, it's gotta be posted on Monday and it would REALLY help if I could just modify an earlier answer which is absolutely relevant to the question, is that OK?

I would ask my tutor but the bugger keeps going on holiday before deadlines.

dizietsma Sat 03-Oct-09 21:35:49

Anyone?

LadyGlencoraPalliser Sat 03-Oct-09 21:44:43

I did discreetly do a bit of this for my last ECA, but as it hasn't been marked yet I don't know how it has been viewed. I reworded it as much as I could though.
I think it should be OK if it is relevant and you make an effort to rewrite it.
I posted mine on Wednesday and am feeling so relieved it's over I couldn't care less what I wrote.

dizietsma Sat 03-Oct-09 22:32:13

LOL, I absolutely empathise with your sentiment. I'm 500 words away from having this course done with, and at this point I just want it over with! Yeah, I will obviously tailor it to the specific essay question, just didn't know if it was specifically verboten. ECA's are marked by different tutors anyway though. I imagine they wont be adding to their workload by reading all our other essays too, right?

sunnylabsmum Fri 09-Oct-09 07:55:53

don't be so sure that your tutor doesn;t mark your eca. When I tutored for the OU I had to mark my tutor groups ECA's and I also second marked some other tutor group ECA's. Unless you are really unlucky and your tutor exactly remembers the part you are re-using you should be ok. But then I like many tutors seem to recall if I've read that before. As other posters have said, with some rejigging you should be ok, but don't assume so!

Molesworth Mon 12-Oct-09 18:05:40

I've reused some material (with some modifications) from a TMA in the ECA I've just completed: I don't see the problem with it as it is your own, unpublished work.

Interesting to hear that sometimes tutors mark their own students' ECAs. I've been told that this never happens!

lindsaygii Wed 14-Oct-09 20:45:08

I don't see why not. You're reusing your own work, not someone else's.

I'd do it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now