Talk

Advanced search

Is anyone doing the EYPS at the moment?

(7 Posts)
Clayhead Fri 25-Sep-09 22:07:12

I have started the 6 month Short Pathway of the EYPS and was wondering if anyone else is doing it or has done it and wants to offer me some tips? smile

Clayhead Sat 26-Sep-09 10:04:40

anyone?!

SecretSlattern Sat 26-Sep-09 10:27:13

Can't help you as just started my last year of my degree, but the one thing my friend said (she is doing 15 month long pathway) is to write down everything and note any changes you have made to your setting, with copies if possible. Not sure how right that is, but might be a good idea to do anyway?

Clayhead Sat 26-Sep-09 11:40:22

Hi

Thanks for that. I am lucky as I come from a completely different background and had it drilled into me to record eveything so I have pretty good minutes of meetings, records of discussions etc.

Because I'm on the short pathway, I have to start writing my written assignments ASAP, has your friend written any of hers yet?

pinkthechaffinch Mon 28-Sep-09 22:13:18

Hi, I completed the full pathway last year (12 months).

One tip I would give is to start thinking about potential witnesses now.

Good luck!

Clayhead Mon 28-Sep-09 22:40:39

Thanks for replying. I have two questions...

how bad was the gateway review?

how scary was the setting visit?

I was thinking two people in the pre-school as witnesses and the reception teacher, do you think that's a good enough mix?

pinkthechaffinch Tue 29-Sep-09 10:32:35

The gateway was scary but looking back I don't really understand why-if the assessors didn't think you were up to scratch, they would possibly refer you to a different [longer] pathway.

It was a very intense day, with exam style conditions. The oral presentations were OK, but it was hard to demonstrate leadership in the debate afterwards.The role plays were fun, they brought real actors in for our one.

For the witnesses, I'd recommend getting a parent in as working well with parents can be quite hard to evidence in your folder.

The tour of the setting was the worst for me as I wasn't employed by the setting so a listening board that I'd created had been removed one hour before I went round! The assessor was really understanding though.

The day flew by! Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now