Talk

Advanced search

About to start 2nd year but timetable has changed and not sure what to do.

(2 Posts)
tammybear Mon 07-Sep-09 18:37:19

Just wanted to hear people's thoughts as my brain won't function for a reasonable solution!

I'm about to start my 2nd year of uni. I rang up today as I need to sort out my DD's after school childcare, so asked if our timetable was the same or different. Only one day has changed which is the Tuesday to a Monday. On Monday's my DD has ballet lessons straight after school. I do not have family or friends that could take her for me. My DP is at home on every other Monday so he could take her. But the other every other Monday when he's at work, I'm not sure what to do. I thought of speaking to my tutor and saying about it, as it's the only class the dance school does, and she loves it so much I wouldn't consider cancelling it. The other mums of the children in her class go to different schools, and her school is the other end of the town to her dance school so it would be too much out of anyone's way to get her.

But if I was to leave uni at 2:30 to be able to get to my car, drive to DD's school in time to pick her up and then take her, I would only be at uni for 45 minutes of my afternoon lesson so really wouldn't be learning everything I need to learn.

So I was hoping someone would be able to help me not panic about what I'm going to do. TIA.

milknosugarplease Tue 08-Sep-09 12:22:04

hi whereabouts do you live? is there not a mum at the school with a nanny you could ask for help? or a local babysitter?
x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now