Talk

Advanced search

Job prospects for new OTs

(5 Posts)
farmazon Mon 31-Aug-09 16:41:04

I'm about to start MSc in Occupational Therapy and really scared that won't have any job after finishing it.
Please can anyone in know reassure me that it won't be so bad.

colie Wed 09-Sep-09 17:11:42

I have just answered another thread from someone wanting to study ot, so thought I better reply to this one as well.

Not that I have an answer. I was considering studying OT a couple of years ago. Like you though, was worried about job prospects. Noone would be able to tell you whether there will be jobs when you graduate but I know a couple of years ago there weren't many. I did hear that it is expected that alot of OT's are due to retire in the next however many years so there was expected to be more jobs in x amount of years.

If you google OT forums, or something similar then there is a good OT website, student forum as well and the job situation was being discussed quite frequently.

farmazon Thu 10-Sep-09 12:45:13

Thanks for the information, colie.

lukeysmummy Fri 11-Sep-09 08:06:08

HI not sure where in the world you actually are but im in derbyshire im currently an ot assistant and at the moment we have a few ot jibs that have come up then a couple of speciaqlised ot jobs too im jumping ships in march aqnd start my nurse training ot isnt really for me

good luck

farmazon Tue 15-Sep-09 23:44:38

Thanks lukeymummy for your post..I'm in London but it's good to know there are jobs around.

Why do you feel ot isn't for you if you don't mind me asking?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now