Talk

Advanced search

Two different courses on UCAS form - is it ok?

(3 Posts)
nikki1978 Thu 27-Aug-09 16:40:20

This is a question for next year as I will be applying in Sept 2010 for 2011 entry. However I am torn currently between what to study at degree level - occupational therapy or midwifery. OT has the edge slightly and there is only one good uni near me that does it which is Brunel (the other in South Bank which has a very bad reputation). I would like to put this as my first choice but think getting in will be difficult as it is a popular uni and most likely a popular course.

If I have midwifery as my second and third choices does that look bad?

FairLadyRantALot Sat 29-Aug-09 09:26:41

hmm...originally I was torn between OT and Social Work and I was told, by admissions tutor, that it would be fine to apply for both....however....I decided just to go for OT , even though that meant I only had 1 choice at 1 Uni.
I think the personal statement is more difficult to write if you apply for different courses, iykwim...

No regretts at choosing OT, am starting my 2. year soon and am totally loving it

Wilts Sat 29-Aug-09 09:38:15

We were told to only apply for one as lots of people wanted to do this when I was on my access course. . I am not sure your personal statement looks particularly convincing if one subject is essentially 'second best'.

But then I suppose it is easy for me to say as I was only wanted to do social work.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now