Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else starting course this Sep and still not filled in Student Finance form?

(12 Posts)
saadia Mon 10-Aug-09 17:24:33

I printed it off ages ago and it is so huge with endless notes I have just put it away - will have to face it soon.

MANATEEequineOHARA Mon 10-Aug-09 18:19:24

Oh god that just reminded me too. (Although I am a returning student).
I hate the forms, but I would reccomend if you are a first year that you get on with it! I got ALL my payments late in the first year, because of random mistakes in the forms and getting them in late.

Jaquelinehyde Mon 10-Aug-09 18:22:12

I would get it done ASAP, it was my first year last year and I put mine in late and didn't recieve any payment until the end of November shock

My form went in the week before I started Uni, so not drastically late either.

saadia Mon 10-Aug-09 20:03:40

I know I've got to knuckle down, thanks for the warnings.

MANATEEequineOHARA Fri 14-Aug-09 14:45:32

I have just done mine online, having always done it on paper before, it was so quick I am annoyed I didn't do it earlier!

ABitBatty Fri 14-Aug-09 14:58:08

Me! Apparently they are running 10 weeks behind now, opening letters that arrived in June! I've more or less sorted mine out but not sent it off yet due to not having all the proof they require angry

MANATEEequineOHARA Fri 14-Aug-09 20:04:46

EEK! 10 weeks! Argh!

TheWolfHasNoCommentForTheDM Sun 16-Aug-09 21:19:34

You need to get it in ASAP!

I sent my forms back in April and have had no end of problems with them.

After speaking to them last week they're now advising a 12 week turn around for letters shock

tiredOFTHEDMemma Mon 17-Aug-09 19:41:27

I left it too late in my first year and didnt get any money until about end of november

NotPlayingAnyMore Mon 17-Aug-09 20:54:46

I had to apply for Student Finance as I enrolled and didn't get any until Christmas! Get in there!!

theDMsaSHAMazade Sun 23-Aug-09 10:18:53

i'm stressing like mad , sent my forms in about 5 days over the "deadline", its been about 6 weeks but havent heard from them apart from an acknowledgement letter yonks ago. I'm stressing because my childcare provider wants a whole terms nursery payment ASAP and i'm not sure they'll wait that long for payment!

DidEinsteinsMum Tue 25-Aug-09 18:44:32

ANyone not been able to get their forms done on line? Stupid system. Am going to have to ring and sit in a mile long que tomo. Yep I heard 12 week turn around and if you want DSA it is 6-8 week turn around on those too. A major PITA if you are on a 1 yr course.

I'm stuffed aren't isad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now