Talk

Advanced search

dissertation

(5 Posts)
dylsmum1998 Fri 07-Aug-09 20:58:33

i'm doing my degree in Early Childhood studies and due to start back in year 3 in sept. i am starting to think about my dissertation and was looking for thoughts and pointers to help me along.
i want to do something on outdoor play for children.
i am hoping to sort out a placement in a school nursery for one day a week to help me with this.

i am considering looking at how outdoor play is used in the setting, whether adults have the same value on it as the children.

the thought of the dissertation is duanting. so any thoughts, opinions, pointers etc on the topic i have chosen, where to start etc would be a great help

sunnylabsmum Sat 08-Aug-09 08:03:50

I think that theres alot of good ideas in your initial thoughts. How about looking at how Nursery children can help create outdoor play areas/activities. You could then link in some action research ideas as well as considering children as researchers too.
As a starting point look for articles/ideas from google scholar if you are not confident using other research tools, and have a big ideas sheet to plant on ideas that occur from previous research

Good luck

dylsmum1998 Sat 08-Aug-09 22:56:26

thank you for replying. i like the idea of children helping to create areas/ activities.
google scholar sounds a good place to start.
i want to get a head start on this as i find the whole concept of research frightening TBH. and know i have 5 big assignments due before christmas and have to be working in this alongside. so thought i'd try and be organised for once grin

any other tips/ thoughts/ ideas will be appreciated smile

MANATEEequineOHARA Mon 10-Aug-09 18:20:39

I think your idea sounds good. I am doing my dissertation research over this summer, it is fun once you get going

dylsmum1998 Tue 11-Aug-09 07:27:47

what are you doing your dissertation on, if you dont mind me asking?

i really do not know where to start properly, will start with google when i get 5 mins. i think i am going to make myself sit down this evening for half an hour and see how i get on.

and hunt and see if i can find anything in my uni work that might give me clues of where to start, i'm sure we were given some guidelines so will try and dig them out, or email my tutor to ask for some......

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now