Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

What should I do - dash something (rubbish) off for my OU course and...........

(7 Posts)
FAQtothefuture Wed 29-Jul-09 21:47:29

get a possible OCAS of around 70%

or

just forget this one and concentrate on the last one - which would probably leave me with an OCAS of around 60-65%?

I'm sorely tempted to just do te former - and forget this TMA6 - it's due in by midnight tomorrow but it's rather hard to sit down and write an essay when you've got your FIL staying - who you haven't seen for 3yrs (before that was nearly 10yrs ago - and he probably won't come over again) , and who is visiting the UK for the first time in his life.

I sent an unfinished TMA off on Monday - got it back today and despite not really have written any essay at all - still managed 66% (but 48% of that was on the project work and other possible marks - so essay was only worth 50% of total mark).

I've been averaging around 60-65% for my TMA's anyhow - so an overall score of that would be fine by me.........

So - dash something off (I'm really not in the mood blush), or just have a day or 2 off and crack on with the next unit and essay?

wahwahwah Wed 29-Jul-09 21:52:38

Can you get an extension?

FAQtothefuture Wed 29-Jul-09 21:53:29

I probably could get an extension - but we're almost certainly going away at the weekend - so it wouldn't make an awful lot of difference in terms of getting this TMA done.

pasturesnew Wed 29-Jul-09 21:53:40

I would actually crack on if you have finished the unit otherwise that's work down the drain isn't it? The marks you're suggesting seem perfectly decent to me.

FAQtothefuture Wed 29-Jul-09 21:55:48

you mean crack on with the unit? Or crack on with the essay?

It's not work down the drain - I've studied all of the units - even the ones that I've not written essays on.

FAQtothefuture Wed 29-Jul-09 21:56:59

oh - and we have an exam in October to test us on what we've learnt on the whole course anyhow - so may well end up answering a question on the Units I've just done.

And even if I don't it's not really time wasted as I've still learnt stuff iykwim.

arghh - crap essay for another extra few % overall, or no essay for a few % less?

Molesworth Wed 29-Jul-09 22:28:06

I'd bung something together and submit tbh. Even if you get a shit mark for it, it's better than 0% and will push your OCAS up. If you could push from a pass 3 to a pass 2 I think it's worth it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now