Talk

Advanced search

What should I do - dash something (rubbish) off for my OU course and...........

(7 Posts)
FAQtothefuture Wed 29-Jul-09 21:47:29

get a possible OCAS of around 70%

or

just forget this one and concentrate on the last one - which would probably leave me with an OCAS of around 60-65%?

I'm sorely tempted to just do te former - and forget this TMA6 - it's due in by midnight tomorrow but it's rather hard to sit down and write an essay when you've got your FIL staying - who you haven't seen for 3yrs (before that was nearly 10yrs ago - and he probably won't come over again) , and who is visiting the UK for the first time in his life.

I sent an unfinished TMA off on Monday - got it back today and despite not really have written any essay at all - still managed 66% (but 48% of that was on the project work and other possible marks - so essay was only worth 50% of total mark).

I've been averaging around 60-65% for my TMA's anyhow - so an overall score of that would be fine by me.........

So - dash something off (I'm really not in the mood blush), or just have a day or 2 off and crack on with the next unit and essay?

wahwahwah Wed 29-Jul-09 21:52:38

Can you get an extension?

FAQtothefuture Wed 29-Jul-09 21:53:29

I probably could get an extension - but we're almost certainly going away at the weekend - so it wouldn't make an awful lot of difference in terms of getting this TMA done.

pasturesnew Wed 29-Jul-09 21:53:40

I would actually crack on if you have finished the unit otherwise that's work down the drain isn't it? The marks you're suggesting seem perfectly decent to me.

FAQtothefuture Wed 29-Jul-09 21:55:48

you mean crack on with the unit? Or crack on with the essay?

It's not work down the drain - I've studied all of the units - even the ones that I've not written essays on.

FAQtothefuture Wed 29-Jul-09 21:56:59

oh - and we have an exam in October to test us on what we've learnt on the whole course anyhow - so may well end up answering a question on the Units I've just done.

And even if I don't it's not really time wasted as I've still learnt stuff iykwim.

arghh - crap essay for another extra few % overall, or no essay for a few % less?

Molesworth Wed 29-Jul-09 22:28:06

I'd bung something together and submit tbh. Even if you get a shit mark for it, it's better than 0% and will push your OCAS up. If you could push from a pass 3 to a pass 2 I think it's worth it!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: