Talk

Advanced search

OU course AA100 - Any advice?

(4 Posts)
Chilimama Thu 11-Jun-09 20:41:06

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of the workload for this course?

I am currently 4 months into my first level 3 course having already completed the level 1 and 2 components of my International Studies degree with the OU.

I am thinking of starting AA100 - The Arts Past and Present from October to June in order to "top up" 60 pts to get the honors degree.

I finish my current course in Oct so there would only be a week or so overlap but my next (and final, hopefully) course which is also level 3 starts in Feb until Oct so there would be an overlap of 5 months with both level 1 and a level 3 at the same time.

My question is how much reading etc... is involved in AA100, obviously I have seen the book list but the level 1 course I did previously was light enough to fit in with a level 2 course at the same time.

Of course, I fully expect the level 3 course to involve lots of reading, the one I am doing at the moment far exceeds the average study time per week but could probably manage another course if I really worked on the time management!

If I wait, it will take another year to complete my degree but I don't want to end up struggling with a huge workload!

Sorry for the long-winded post but I have the registration form in front of me and I am in two mind what to do!

TIA

Molesworth Fri 12-Jun-09 10:44:31

Sorry, no experience of AA100 (I think it has only had one presentation so far) but if you use FirstClass it might be worth posting on the AA100 forum there for advice?

Nightcrawly Fri 12-Jun-09 19:41:59

I'm doing AA100 at the moment and there isn't a huge amount of reading, you certainly don't have to read around every chapter unless you particularly wanted to. You only have TMAs on certain chapters, so the other chapters only really need a read through, very basic notes and completing the activities. To give you an idea, I was two chapters and a TMA behind 3 weeks ago due to illness and I am now up to date and handed in my TMA today without much problem. I have managed to read all the novels for my next course (Approaching Literature) whilst completing AA100 too.

Chilimama Sat 13-Jun-09 15:41:30

Thanks for your replies.

Molesworth - I will have a look at the forum, excellent idea, not sure why I didn't think of that!

Nightcrawly - Thanks for replying, that sounds manageable, I thought it would mean reading whole books in depth but if TMA's are based on specific chapters then I should be able to do that. Thank you for sharing your experience of the course.

Off to look at first class now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now