Talk

Advanced search

I heart Google scholar :)

(14 Posts)
FairLadyRantALot Sat 06-Jun-09 13:29:58

It is just brilliant...
I mean, we have like the Uni library and their article seearch engines...but the amount of articles that come up and you than can't get to anyway in full text version has really annoyed me...

Obviously google scholar brings at times the same problems..but, I find it far less frustrating...

QueenofSpleen Sat 06-Jun-09 20:43:15

wow, I hadn't heard of this, I have just had a peek and it looks great

yama Sat 06-Jun-09 20:46:22

You say 'I heart Google Scholar', I say 'I heart FairLadyRantALot'

Man, you are great.

yama Sat 06-Jun-09 20:46:54

In case it wasn't clear - thank you.

southeastastra Sat 06-Jun-09 20:47:51

wow the internet making it easier (once again) for students to get their degree hmm

yama Sat 06-Jun-09 20:54:30

Southeastra - I'll be using it as a teacher or to help me win a discussion against my dp.

Didn't have internet when I did my degree.

FairLadyRantALot Sun 07-Jun-09 19:48:49

southeastastra...you still have to put the work in though...you just cna find a wider range of articles and also parts of books (from Book google)...and get led to the page where the bit is that you are looking for...
don't think it will help people to get their degree all that much easier....surely...just makes fnding things easier....is that such a terrible thing?

and lol Yama...

EccentricaGallumbits Sun 07-Jun-09 19:54:58

OM chuffing G how did I not know this existed?

FairLadyRantALot Sun 07-Jun-09 19:57:29

lol....it's been there quite a while...well...certainly since I started my degree last year September

tiredemma Wed 01-Jul-09 10:15:22

I know- isnt it amazing????

It has really helped me as a mother and student- I can do my assignments at home with the kids here and not have to go off to Uni library.

madwomanintheattic Thu 02-Jul-09 12:32:40

i like it too... i particularly like it when i can't remember my athens login... grin

FairLadyRantALot Thu 02-Jul-09 22:27:56

lol madwoman

Tiredemma...that is most defintely one of the main advantages, isn't it

Jux Thu 02-Jul-09 22:57:07

Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you.

FairLadyRantALot Thu 02-Jul-09 23:03:40

lol Jux

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now