Talk

Advanced search

Actual hours for full time access course

(4 Posts)
thepuddingchef Sun 24-May-09 23:21:25

Hi, I'm thinking of applying for an access course and can't decided between full time and part-time. Sorry if this is a bit thick, but what do the hours usually end up as per week as I have childcare to think about. Is it all day every day or usually more spread out?
It's been a while since I was at school! smile

colie Mon 25-May-09 14:54:14

I am not sure about full time. I did an access course a few years ago and it was part time. It was just one evening a week. My local college do the same access course but over two evenings a week.

The full time access course hours vary between colleges. Some were ridiculous hours, like some days you were in 5 hours and other days maybe only a couple of hours. It meant I would have needed childcare 4 or 5 days a week, whereas part time evenings saved child care. I studied when my toddler napped, evenings and weekends. Not every weekend, only weekends before exams and assignments were due!!

Hope you find a college with hours to suit.Good luck.

PrincessII Sun 07-Jun-09 20:35:24

Hi I'm doing the full time access course this sept for 1 year.

I have the timetable already which is:

Monday: AM (9-1)
Tuesday: OFF
Wednesday: All day
Thursday: PM (1.30 - 4.30)
Friday: OFF

So have at least 2 full days off and 2 am/pm off as well.

My tutor said that they try to reflect the timetable so that no one is in more than 2.5 days a week.

Hope this helps hun.

PrincessII Sun 07-Jun-09 20:36:26

The P/T course is spread over 3 nights (3 hours each night).

Good luck with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now