Talk

Advanced search

Cant believe Im going to uni!

(12 Posts)
mamagaga Mon 18-May-09 15:05:17

My baby girl will be one when I go to uni this september. I cant believe im doing this but I'll always regret it if I dont. Im 21 now so I wonder if I'll be considered a mature student haha I feel more mature than most people my age anyway!
Its nice coming on here and not feeling like the only person who has a kid and is a student. Gives me hope that I'll be ok!!!
X

Molesworth Mon 18-May-09 15:06:27

grin

What will you be studying MG?

mamagaga Mon 18-May-09 15:21:54

Phsychology with counselling! Gonna be tough but worth it in the end I hope.

mamagaga Mon 18-May-09 15:24:03

Probs should learn hw to spell psychology tho! haha

mixedmamameansbusiness Mon 18-May-09 19:18:38

Congrats am hoping I will be able to post something similr soon.

Good luck.

Wilts Mon 18-May-09 19:21:23

Oh congratulations Starting uni was the best thing I ever did.

FairLadyRantALot Mon 18-May-09 19:53:40

congrats on getting in

Your course sounds interesting

I am a first year Occupational Therapy student, and am, all in all loving it...although a bit stressed at the moment, as lots of assignments are coming up and all that...but can't believe my first year is almost over...

frAKKINPannikin Mon 18-May-09 19:57:24

You won't be 'mature' - usually that's classsed as 25+ but it does depend on the uni.

Do you have a post-grad and mature students association with your SU?

Well done on getting in and good luck! It will definitely be worth it.

MANATEEequineOHARA Tue 19-May-09 11:48:51

grin I felt like that too! I was 26 when I started and have 2 dcs. It HAS been hard, but it is amazing and so worth it! I am coming to the end of my second year now, it has gone so fast!!!

Well done getting in

littlelamb Tue 19-May-09 11:52:54

<<butts in>>
Manatee, I have those babysitter details for you. Will email you when I get a min

mamagaga Wed 20-May-09 07:23:55

Thanks, reasuring to see how many people are in the same position! So many people are suprised when I say im going to uni I think they expect your life to be over when you have kids young but its not!

Mistiek Mon 22-Jun-09 18:55:46

Hello,

Im in the same boat as you. Last year at the last minute I decided I wanted to study Nursing...

I have just completed my access course and have a place at The University of Surrey.

I am 31 with 2 children the youngest only 2 and sometimes I wonder how I will cope. I can't beleive me, of all people are going to university and in the medical field! I know its going to be tough but I am so looking forward to the training, the placements and being a student. IM SO EXCITED... but pooing myself at the same time lol grin.

We will all have to start a 1st year thread to keep each other going....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now