Talk

Advanced search

STUDENTS no procrastination! state ur targets for the day...

(196 Posts)
strugstu Sun 24-Apr-05 11:28:46

state ur targets for the day ....

i need to do 1000 words to reach my target for today then if i dont do it i will be embarrassed and will have to admit it.

I know it seems a bit of a paltry amount compared to some of u, but i so struggle with getting critical analysis into the damn essay.

(FECK got to go shopping at some point today- can see excessive use of cursing thread coming up!)

Chandra Sun 24-Apr-05 11:30:00

I need to decide what on Earth I'm going to do tomorrow.... Decision, decisions, decisions....

strugstu Sun 24-Apr-05 11:56:32

ohh sallyyyyy, nikolaaaaaaaa, studentsssssss where are uuuuuuu

Chandra Sun 24-Apr-05 11:58:49

Everybody is out trying to forget about the week ahead's work

nikcola Sun 24-Apr-05 12:16:55

ive got to do a 2.500 health policy essay it has to be finished TODAY i was doing it all day yesterday and i only done 200 words

Chandra Sun 24-Apr-05 12:19:58

IF it helps Nickola, something that my supervisor suggested was just to write all what you think without worrying about style, spelling, references etc. Then go back to it and order the content, correct the style, add the references and finally check the spelling. It made such a difference in my case. HTH

nikcola Sun 24-Apr-05 12:22:04

i cant think though!!!!!!! the essay has to be in tuesday afternoon so if i dont finish it today im going to come home from college after morning lesson and TRY and finish it then, i just cant be arsed! dd is still in her pj's so am i lol we have just had breakfast i need a bath and i need to go food shopping i wish i didnt have to sleep!!!!1

nikcola Sun 24-Apr-05 12:26:57

nikcola Sun 24-Apr-05 12:27:11

feel a bit better now

nikcola Sun 24-Apr-05 12:29:23

if no one talks to me i will have to study!!!!!

Chandra Sun 24-Apr-05 12:30:57

Nickola, if you can't think, go out enjoy the day and forget about the essay. It's worse to force yourself to study whn you are not in the mood, it will only get you more frustrated and you are not going to be able to do much anyway. Start with a frsh mind and take one step at the time. Don't count the words, or think in the deadline, it only stresses you more and can distract you a lot.

nikcola Sun 24-Apr-05 12:31:34

how are you getting on ??

nikcola Sun 24-Apr-05 12:32:04

i think i will have a bath then come back to it i really need to get at least half of it done today

Heathcliffscathy Sun 24-Apr-05 12:33:10

ok can i join. this week, i MUST do 2 more 1000 word depictions. i MUST. i MUST. if i don't...you need to flame me off mumsnet and not let me back on til i have done them. that's by friday btw. thank you

nikcola Sun 24-Apr-05 12:33:55

ok will do !

Chandra Sun 24-Apr-05 12:34:24

Me? well... I have to decide what on Earth I'm going to do with my life, whether to continue studying here to keep my mind busy or to storm out of the door with a toddler and walk all the way back to my country.

So I guess the answer to your question is.... Not too bad... yet

nikcola Sun 24-Apr-05 12:34:46

i was thinking of asking dd's nursery if they would have her for the whole week and let her sleep there bad bad mummy

nikcola Sun 24-Apr-05 12:35:34

where is your country?? (sorry if being nosey) why do you want to leave? {{{{{{{{{{{{}}}}}}}}}}}}

Chandra Sun 24-Apr-05 12:38:04

It's just on the other side of the Atlantic.... I must have said swim instead of walk...

Anyways, nothing new, I have always wanted to go back is just that I was informed by DH last week that we are going to stay here for some extra years more than what I had anticipated... sigh*

Chandra Sun 24-Apr-05 12:52:41

Oh dear! I have killed the thread!!! forgive me I will toss a coin and I will be OK

nikcola Sun 24-Apr-05 13:00:18

no you havent i went to have a bath sorry , sorrry to hear about your desision you have to make whatever you decide you will be fine xxxxxxxxxxxx

sallystrawberry Sun 24-Apr-05 14:11:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

strugstu Sun 24-Apr-05 14:32:20

Well done sally,

ahh chandra [[[[hug]]]]

right i must get on with it ....
shopping done every one fed and watered......
[kicks self up arse]
i will not come back for my fix of MN till 6pm

nikcola Sun 24-Apr-05 14:47:59

i had to do a in class exam about the welfare state and i had to write about beveridge

joash Sun 24-Apr-05 15:02:40

Complete feedback on another students last assignment (and wait for min in return). Complete at least half of next assignment and begin work on developing final assignment (develop an online course of at least 20 hours long).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now