Talk

Advanced search

why cant I just get on with it

(9 Posts)
sallystrawberry Sat 23-Apr-05 23:22:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mummytosteven Sat 23-Apr-05 23:24:46

coz you've got a busy life with house/kids/job before you even start on revision! it's not as if all you have to do all day is go down the student union bar, is it

time to get yourself off the computer, and start looking at your notes!

colditz Sat 23-Apr-05 23:25:50

Aw, Sallystrawberry, I am going to styart patrolling mumsnet for you, late at night, to make sure you are keeping up with your studies.

and you can do the same for me in return.

Really though, you often post a stressy message late at night, you sound like you worry about it a lot. I know how you feel, cos I do too, then I eat crap as a frantic displacement activity.

sallystrawberry Sat 23-Apr-05 23:27:22

Pruni Sat 23-Apr-05 23:29:21

Message withdrawn

colditz Sat 23-Apr-05 23:31:36

<<<Dons strict teachery glasses>>>

Now then! Books open please, and no talking. The sooner you do it, the sooner it is finished, and you don't have to worry about it anymore. By worrying about it instead of doing it, it is taking up more of your mental energy that just doing it does!

(Says she with the knowledge that her assessor is going to turn up at her workplace on Tuesday to find that NO work has been done, and will probably get thrown off the course and really told off.)[

mummytosteven Sat 23-Apr-05 23:33:59

was gonna say get off the pooter now and get started, then realised what time it was.

so - get off the computer, get some kip then get started tomorrow morning! think it's gonna have to be a cramathon.

sallystrawberry Sat 23-Apr-05 23:35:52

Smurfgirl Sun 24-Apr-05 16:32:46

Because procrastination = fun.

I am awful because I know that I ALWAYS do do my work, just at the last minute. So I have unending confidence in myself but really staying up all night to write a mediocre essay is not the answer.

I unplug the internet cable when I am working on my computer and do as little as possible as possible on the computer (write all essays by hand then type up for eg). I also do a LOT of work in the library. I can get 5hrs good solid work in there whereas at home I can 'work' for 5hrs but only get about 2hrs worth done.

Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now