Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

health promotion

(13 Posts)
nikcola Sat 23-Apr-05 16:08:35

im finally starting my essay and im stuck allready i need to think of 3 diffrent health camapins that have been sucseffull and write about them
i acnt even think of one !

mancmum Sat 23-Apr-05 16:09:38

folic acid in pregnancy
don't eat peanuts in pregnancy
don't smoke

can not think of any others!

mancmum Sat 23-Apr-05 16:10:06

immunisations..
breast checking..

nikcola Sat 23-Apr-05 16:19:48

would cot death (feet to foot) be one ???????

ok i think ive picked my three are they any good.....

cot death (feet to foot)
drink driving (all the ads on telly)
5 a day

debs26 Sat 23-Apr-05 16:40:29

would jamies school dinners count? cant deny thats been successful. maybe compare to sid the slug asking us to avoid salt - how many newspaper reports did that spark?

nikcola Sat 23-Apr-05 16:45:33

would love to do the jamie oliver one but does anyone know if its classed as a campin i dont want to do it and its wrong??????????????????????????????????

nikcola Sat 23-Apr-05 16:52:06

?????????????/ anyone know???

MissChief Sat 23-Apr-05 17:32:59

healthy lunchboxes
5-a day
obesity awareness
diabetes awareness
healthy walks
stop smoking
national depression week (this week)
breast is best
healthy heart stuff
etc

debs26 Sat 23-Apr-05 17:50:59

i would class it as a campaign. depends on if you are supposed to focus on gov campaigns or just campaigns in general. can you ask your tutor?

strugstu Sat 23-Apr-05 18:31:40

5 a day excellent choice, pretty certain that relates back to the nhs cancer plan, but now also very important to Choosing health (latest gov white paper)

back to sleep campaign

smoking cessation (and always loads on that and can relate to the nsf for coronary heart disease and others )

reducing salt intake (sid slug very contentious-google it)

if u wanted something different there was the testicular awareness campain but cant remember what it was called (something about checking ur balls)

compo Sat 23-Apr-05 18:33:20

Jamie Oliver definitely counts as a campaign and you'll be able to find loads of current information on the web

strugstu Sat 23-Apr-05 18:41:22

if they need to be successfull campaigns you might be better sticking to
, back to sleep, 5 a day, smoking cessation, drinking (not sure if drink driving might be classed as a safety campain)

lots of evidence to say these campaigns have had significant effects on health, saving lives

gothicmama Sat 23-Apr-05 18:51:43

I would go for 5 a day (you can link Jamie Oliver and healthy eating in to this as a continuation due to teh sucess of teh campaign)
smoking cessation
and back to sleep

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now