Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

had enough of studying

(25 Posts)
nikcola Thu 21-Apr-05 15:22:07

really had enough now everyone on the course is cracking up the work load is far to big and i dont want to give up bit i dont think i can carry on

motherinferior Thu 21-Apr-05 15:27:48

Oh honey. Can you decide to take one bit of time off, say a morning while DD is at nursery, and get a deliberate break from it all, then come back? I know what you mean - I think it would be a real pity to chuck it now, as you'll have such a useful qualification to go on to do the sort of work you want, but it is hard, isn't it. Hang on, though, I honestly think it'll be worth it.

nikcola Thu 21-Apr-05 15:35:04

i no it will be worth iit in the end but ive failed maths so i cave to go back for 3 hours a week next year im going ot ask my tutor if she will sign my attendance form (we have to have it signed so the college will pay dds nursery fees)so i can stay at home and study cause college is a waste of time somedays like mondays and fridays we dont do naything worth while this is my list of what to do in the next 5 weeks left of college .....

major project 10 thousand word (havent even started it

health promotion leaflet plus essay 1.500 words

genes and inheratence essay 3,00 words

re take biology exam if fail agin have to do 4,00 word essay,

I.T essay 1.500 words

I.T course work 1,500 words

psychologhy essay x2 1,500 words

care plan (easy)

english exam.

english presentation ,

biology reproduction have to re do some more it got refered

theres more but i cant type for crying

nikcola Thu 21-Apr-05 16:01:42

i ahve all this to do so why am i boared today !

beansontoast Thu 21-Apr-05 16:30:38

oh god im the same....exams at the beginning of may...and im running out of puff!
got some coursework back today,one of my lowest marks even though put in alot of effort into it...so im feeling very deflated!my boy is at the childminder and im p*ssing around on the net.feel rotten.feel sick...
hang in there x

vickiyumyum Thu 21-Apr-05 16:38:01

i know exactly how you feel, i'm sure that most of us student parents go through this.
at the moment i don't have any work to hand in, but am supposed to be on placement, on delivery suite but cos i've got an ear infection, not allowed to work unitl cleared up. and then after having almost a week up will have to make the time up! when i ask you, i don't have free time.
i am having a bit of a down time about money as well, and my helpful friend suggested a part time job! (she doesn't have childdren)
so we all go through it and you can only hope, like i am at the moment that it will pass.
good luck getting all your work done.

strugstu Thu 21-Apr-05 16:55:04

wearing the t-shirt. big deadline may 9th. wish i could get my act together

Blu Thu 21-Apr-05 18:39:16

Oooh, Nik, that does sound like a big workload, I agree. But it's good to know that everyone still on the course is feeling the same pressure - so it obviously isn't that you are not up to it and other people are.
You have done SO well to get this far, and I'm sure you're not going to waste all you effort by crumpling now. I think discussing how you can best use DD's time at nursery with your tutor is a v good idea, and could you use lunchtimes etc to work in the college library?
Then try to be v disciplined about getting DS into bed at a regular time that gives you a good evening slot to work in.
At exam times I just used to get my head down and try to enjoy thinking about each project to try and keep my motivation up. They are all subjects that you are interested in, aren't they?

Go for it, Nik - I know you want to work with old people, and I know that I want people like YOU working in the service when the time comes that my Mum and Dad need care.

sallystrawberry Thu 21-Apr-05 18:41:30

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

gothicmama Thu 21-Apr-05 18:45:48

Nik,
Don';t look at the big picture - what is the first hand in date do that one first .
Also speek to your tutor as it seems an amazingly high workload.
It will be worth it in the end - if you need me to do any research for you let me know
Take care remember you can do it xx

sallystrawberry Thu 21-Apr-05 18:52:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nikcola Thu 21-Apr-05 20:20:28

thank you for all your support xxxxxx

blu that made me cry when you said you want people like me looking after your mum and dad xx

as for dd her roitine is sorted she has been so good for the past 2 weeks she has been going to bed at 7.30pm and sleeping right throgh till 8am

your right it is my dream to work with elderly people im so excited about starting work after the summer hols i really cant wait i want to put my uniform on a nd feel proud to be helping people , but i just feel that im not clever enough im caring enough but just not academicly good,

sally yeh im full time i was thinking about going part time but ive only got 6 weeks left, i dont know how you mannage to work aswell you must be shattered but it will be worth it in the end!

i will try and start my project this weekend but its sooo daunting

nikcola Thu 21-Apr-05 20:20:44

routine

nikcola Thu 21-Apr-05 20:55:37

im not doing nothing tonight im going to sit on my arse and watch footballers wives

Smurfgirl Fri 22-Apr-05 00:59:26

I totally know. I have the equivilent of 6000 words of Englishy stuff to write for uni for Wednesday. Hardcore.

Can you find another environment outside the home to work in? I am ever so lazy so when I need to work I go to my uni library, it focuses me and even though its boring I do a million times more work. Also if I get stuck then I have the resources I need to help me there kwim?

I would think about when you need to do the work for and then organise it according to that. Have you done the research for your project? If so all you need to do is like 2000 words a week to get it done in time which is really not that much. If you work superhard you might get the 1500 essays done in a day which would take a load off (one in a day I mean!)

Are you going to work in a carehome Nikcola? They don't ask for you to have anything academically and honestly none of it is particularly taxing in that sense. You have care plans and courses but they are easy peasy! The hardbit is the grannies!

Good luck x

gothicmama Fri 22-Apr-05 09:19:14

Nik glad you sounding more positive

tiredemma Fri 22-Apr-05 09:39:52

gosh nik, is it an access course? im doing one and and we havnt had HALF of the work that you have been set.
sallystrawberrys course seems a lot more intense than mine aswell, its a bit unfair, they should make it all equal.

i do think that you have done incredibly well to get so far and should be really proud of yourself. no pain, no gain!!
well done!

nikcola Fri 22-Apr-05 15:58:37

and with myself

Blu Sat 23-Apr-05 01:31:47

How's it going?
DD is doing well, isn't she? I think they sleep well once at nursery and getting tired, lots of stimulation, etc.
You are caring, and you are clever. paper isn't always the best or easiest place to prove that, but don't let your opinion of yourself discourage you more than the workload itself, IYSWIM.

And I meant it about my M&D.
XXXX

nikcola Sat 23-Apr-05 11:54:26

hi blu,

i done some of an assigmnet in I.T yesterday ive done the leaflet but now have to satrt on the essay part will satrt that tonight when dd is in bed,

i will just keep looking forward to that day when i put my uniform on and go and work with the elderly

nikcola Sat 23-Apr-05 17:45:45

ok ive done 2oo words now im giving up till tomoorw

WideWebWitch Sat 23-Apr-05 17:48:00

Hi Nikcola, I just wanted to add my support and say it's understandable that you're feeling under pressure, that's a lot of work but I do hope you manage to keep at it. It so will be worth it in the end I think.

Louise1980 Sat 23-Apr-05 18:38:38

Chin up chick!
Im struggling with my HNC at mo but i keep thinking that its only 3mths till i graduate. I know its longer for you but take a deep breath and have a break. Spend some silly time with your dd n it will make a big difference i promise. Thats what i do when i feel swamped by it all. If you need some support CAT me

gothicmama Sat 23-Apr-05 18:49:11

well done Nikcola Youi'vedone more than me 2day. I have a week to do two essay's adn a presentation keep your chin up if you need help or support let me know

Smurfgirl Sat 23-Apr-05 19:34:06

(the uniform is totally gross Nickola, do you want mine )

You are doing so well, I know how hard it is to stay motivated! Good luck x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now