Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

wish i knew then what i know now.........

(3 Posts)
strugstu Sun 17-Apr-05 13:27:55

Pass on your wisdom to those of us struggling with courses at the moment...what do you wish someone had told you about studying/uni/college that would of made life easier at the time...

Lonelymum Sun 17-Apr-05 13:33:22

When I look back on my student days I am struck by how easy they were. I didn't have a very arduous course (except on occasions), I had no children to care for, only myself to please, and I seemed to have spent the time reading, going where I pleased and "finding myself". The last two years of the course, I even enjoyed most of the work and loved staying up all night writing essays because it didn't matter: the next day could be spent in bed.

I would say, enjoy the freedom and lack of responsibility while you can because I should think I will be retired before I can have the same quality of life as I had as a student. Of course, none of this emans anything if you are already a parent yourself...

Smurfgirl Sun 17-Apr-05 18:22:18

First year doesn't matter, just get drunk.

Good student me and I wish I had worked harder in my second year because it does matter then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now