Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Student nurses? I'm sure your out there!

(10 Posts)
MrsDoolittle Wed 13-Apr-05 11:40:20

I'm aware that there are mumnetters who are student nurses. I am just wondering if you are aware of a forum like this for student nurses.
I am just thinking about all the help I have gained from Mumsnet over the last year, it would be great if students could some support in a similar way.
I'm a nurse lectuer and currently my students are having a pretty hard time doing their assignments. Wouldn't it be great if you had a forum to offer each other support to?

snafu Wed 13-Apr-05 11:46:54

How about this?

MrsDoolittle Wed 13-Apr-05 11:51:48

That's excellent! Do you use it? Does others you know use it?

snafu Wed 13-Apr-05 11:59:45

Nope, just Googled for it! I do know someone who runs a student nurses forum but I can't think of the url. If I can find it I'll post it for you.

MrsDoolittle Wed 13-Apr-05 12:19:13

Thank you snafu.
Anyone else?

sallyenglebertstrawberry Wed 13-Apr-05 14:49:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

chloeb2002 Wed 13-Apr-05 14:50:15

Hello im a student nurse and have found that Yahoo do a student nurse forum but i seem to have major problems accessing it!!! however it is there and i know others who do use it! we also have a forum which we access through the intra net that allows all the cohorts to ask each other questions, meet the students we will be on our next placement with, arraneg nights out and of course disscuss placement and portfolio problems.

chloeb2002 Wed 13-Apr-05 14:50:15

Hello im a student nurse and have found that Yahoo do a student nurse forum but i seem to have major problems accessing it!!! however it is there and i know others who do use it! we also have a forum which we access through the intra net that allows all the cohorts to ask each other questions, meet the students we will be on our next placement with, arraneg nights out and of course disscuss placement and portfolio problems.

MrsDoolittle Wed 13-Apr-05 15:02:48

We don't have that facility at our university. That sounds really interesting cloeb.
Would a forum be better placed independently or hosted by the univeristy?

tiredemma Wed 13-Apr-05 16:44:41

theres a good one called www.student-nurse.org.uk.
i have found it really helpful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now