Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

marking uni students essays.......

(3 Posts)
strugstu Sun 10-Apr-05 12:58:57

always wanted to ask my tutor but never have, must be hellishly hard marking all those essays when they are in.... dont u get fed up of reading the same thing rehashed... i know there will be different views when students are critically analysing but even so.....

Ellbell Sun 10-Apr-05 20:03:46

Yes (basically!). Have had nearly 60 to mark over Easter. So... that's my excuse for being so fussy about references and stuff (don't even begin to get me started on spelling, punctuation etc.!).
However, I do get a real buzz from reading good work or even just work where I can sense that the student has really tried to understand and get to grips with the question, and I find myself mentally 'cheering on' the student.
However hard the marking gets, I am under no illusions... it's harder being the student and having to write the thing in the first place. That's why I always take the marking seriously and try to provide the fullest possible feedback (hopefull constructive).
In fact... had better get back to it. Hope to deliver the latest batch of marked ones tomorrow.
Good luck to all you students. Your lecturers are (for the most part) on your side!

Ellbell Sun 10-Apr-05 20:04:22

Ooops, 'hopefully', I meant. (What was I saying about spelling ?)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now