Advanced search

plagiarism

(5 Posts)
sallystrawberry Sat 09-Apr-05 19:41:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

sallystrawberry Sat 09-Apr-05 19:46:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

happymerryberries Sat 09-Apr-05 19:47:41

I run chunks of words through 'Google' to check on the work produced by my school students.

TBH if you haven't coped word for word from a text (unless it is a direct referenced quote) then you will be OK

pixiefish Sat 09-Apr-05 19:53:14

I think that as a teacher I can always work out if the work isn't that of my student and then I do what hmb says and I run chunks of it through google.

we did actually catch a yr 11 student out because he'd spelt mary shelley's name incorrectly and a colleague knew it wasn't his work so we ran the incorrect spelling through google and caught him out.

tamum Sat 09-Apr-05 19:55:35

I don't think there's any way other than Google- our university has a program for checking but it costs a small fortune. Not something that individuals could afford. The program we use can check for things that aren't quite verbatim, that's why it is so expensive, but I don't think anyone uses it routinely, it's really to catch persistent offenders or where there's something suspicious. I wouldn't worry too much!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now