nikcola Sat 09-Apr-05 19:37:56

get on with it woman !!!!

sallystrawberry Sat 09-Apr-05 19:42:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Mud Sat 09-Apr-05 19:44:04

every time I've been on mumsnet you've been 'having a break'

get on with it child

nikcola Sat 09-Apr-05 19:44:14

NO dont stop or you will never start again !!!!

im supposed to be studying btw but i really cant be arsed lol

sallystrawberry Sat 09-Apr-05 19:45:58

nikcola Sun 10-Apr-05 12:13:55

did you finish it ?

strugstu Sun 10-Apr-05 12:37:24

ss, know how u feel.... 4 weeks to get 3500 words in, i,m so crap at writing takes me all day to write a couple of hundred words, and i allway promise i'll do the refs as i go along and never do, then spend another few days sorting them out... will be my 8th assignemnt all due in may 9th.... feel bloody miserable. have fallen out with my partner, my children feel neglected (so they say)my dd says she's never going to uni after she's seen what i go thru... i thought student life was supposed to be fun!!!

sallystrawberry Mon 11-Apr-05 13:55:55

strugstu Tue 12-Apr-05 15:42:46

i saw that thread ss, i too would of been distraught... god the thought, i have got into the habit of emailing my work not only to myself but my partner as well consequently lots of saved versions, but copies of everything.

Did a presentation yesterday at uni, minor disaster with the equipment but got there in the end, summatively assessed so will contribut to the marks for the module, just hope it wasnt as bad as i thought it was IYSWIM. other students reassured me that it was ok , but cant help thinking they're just being kind.
So now for the final essay for this term, Comparative critical appraisal of two research articles on a practice issue zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz [sleepy bored looking emoticon] have four weeks for this one but i'm so slow....... will have to limit mumsnet activity to once a day that might help.

My darling mother is going to take my ironing tonight, bless her. So i have no excuses, but to get on with it. Sorry i've had a moan.

How are u SS have u caught up now? r u coping?
(my tutor says these trials and tribulations are character building, [dick dastardly mutterings]

keep up good work- we will get there... my final term in May finish mid august if successfull, when do u finish?

sallyenglebertstrawberry Wed 13-Apr-05 00:27:53

strugstu Wed 13-Apr-05 02:33:21

I'm doing public health degree, am already RGN (before DipHE) so do BSc in a year (deemed to have 120 credits at level 1&2 due to qualification and stand alone modules over many years) on completion hopefully get job as HV. It has been hard work, academia doesnt come naturally to me, origionally trained in mid 80's when nurse training wasnt so academic,so this has been an exponetial (my word of the week!!!) learning curve.
Am seriously feeling miserable/depressed but know its a reaction to the stress, however its placing a strain on my relationship to which i think were clinging to with our fingertips, kids say they're neglected and have threatened to phone childline, i've told them they're too old and given them the samaratains number instead (beginning to wonder if i have some sort of personality disorder)joking aside.....

You will finish this course and start uni in sept SallyES because you are commited and you will have had a head start doing the access course. i hope i dont sound patronizing as thats not the intention, but if i can help with anything just ask, I'm sure there are many others who are far more qaulified than me,(better spellers too)but i know how hard it is, so just shout up just hope i havent put u off x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now