Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone here doing or done Nvq 2 in Children's Care, Learning and Development ?

(6 Posts)
NvqNewbie Thu 15-Jan-09 09:26:32

I noticed that my local college was starting a course in this next week, but that you needed a placement already sorted out.
I emailed a few schools not really expecting a reply but a lovely school near me have agreed to me doing 2 days a week in their nursery class.

So, I was wondering if anyone on here had any experience of this course and could give me a few tips about what is covered and how the work is assessed and stuff.

The actual course is 3 hours a week.

PuzzleRocks Thu 15-Jan-09 10:30:21

Bumping for you.

NvqNewbie Thu 15-Jan-09 10:43:05

Thank you

MrsSanta Mon 19-Jan-09 13:12:28

Hiya newbie, Im just starting a level 3 this week. I have TA level 2 and they said thats fine.

I was told I can go to class every other week or wait for the assessor to come out to school and visit. Havent agreed to 2 days yet in school as want to make sure I get the funding.

Good luck, lets know how you et on.

MrsSanta Mon 19-Jan-09 13:12:28

Hiya newbie, Im just starting a level 3 this week. I have TA level 2 and they said thats fine.

I was told I can go to class every other week or wait for the assessor to come out to school and visit. Havent agreed to 2 days yet in school as want to make sure I get the funding.

Good luck, lets know how you et on.

sunnylabsmum Mon 19-Jan-09 14:10:58

I don't know much about how placements are organised but I am currently assessing some NVQ students level 2 in childcare in cyprus. The assessor will expect you to have read the standards and have a few ideas about what kinds of evidence you can present them to demonstrate your competence. Each unit is assessed by an assessment plan and this has to contain at least four methods of assessment eg observation of you working with children, witness testimony of your work with children, oral questions of what you do and why, a candidate report of what you did and why, etc.

Hope that this helps

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now