Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

financial advice and employment advice....pleeease!

(3 Posts)
Nixz Wed 30-Mar-05 14:42:17

I am doing a part time ITT course to be a primary school teacher, i currently work p/t aswell in a sales office and a am a single mum. I have a 7 week work placement in October and i obviously wont get paid for taking the time off from my employer, any one have any suggestions on how i can afford to live foir them 2 months!!!!! I get a loan but that would not cover my outgoings and i only get wftc for 4 weeks, then nothing. Any suggestions?

chloeb2002 Wed 30-Mar-05 17:25:57

Hi there not totally sure but when i was on WFTC it carried on during 'holidays' cant you use holiday time to cover some of your placement. Also your WFTC continues if you are sick. I also think however scupulus i feel now about WFTC that you dont tell the inland revenue unless you stop working 16 houyrs plus a week indefinately. They will continue paying it. If not why not consider taking on a different part time job.. I work in a pu 2 nights a week and get £45.00 for it. I ahev a babysitter who eats a bit of it but would be worth it if its only for 7 weeks?

Nixz Wed 30-Mar-05 17:56:29

i dont get enough hols to cover the placement, may get approx 2 weeks. So if i say for instance took 2 weeks paid holiday,and took the rest unpaid leave, then you think i will continue to get wftc? Its paid via my employer though - anyone know how that would work? I struggle with babysitters and wouldnt get one in the evening really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now