Talk

Advanced search

on line aptitute test

(7 Posts)
livvysmum Sun 27-Mar-05 23:15:52

does anyone know of one, i've applied to do an access course and have been thinking of studying midwifery or nursing in the future when DD is older, but at this moment am having doubts as to what i should really be doing. don't really need to do access course as i have a levels etc, just feel i need to do something, move my life along so to speak. am single parent worried about how to support dd in future, but how do you know your studying the right thing, how will i know if nursing or midwifery is really for me?, as you can see i'm in a bit of a fix.
would like to do an aptitue test does anyone know of any good books on this also. do you think a life coach would be a good idea?

Smurfgirl Mon 28-Mar-05 00:03:03

I would go work in the healthcare field and see loads of healthcare jobs do not require experience or qualifications.

I was worried that nursing would not be for me, having worked in a care home for 8 months there is nothing else I want to do.

livvysmum Tue 29-Mar-05 14:48:19

thanks smurfgirl, i think thats a really good idea, i'll look into it. i think i worry too much, should be calmer.

colditzmum Tue 29-Mar-05 14:50:03

Livvysmum, try tickle.com, they do alsorts of funny tests, they might help you get a vague idea of what you are good at.

livvysmum Tue 29-Mar-05 15:16:54

thanks CDM just did two of the tests, all positive stuff, but wouldn't give me definate answers unless i bought a personalised results thingy, but it was fun any way.

Eeek Tue 29-Mar-05 16:06:00

I used Career Analysts here when I was made redundant and wanted to change career. They were quite pricey though - do check. It takes a full day, includes loads of aptitude tests and questionnaires and an interview with a psychologist. I changed career as per their suggestions and have been happy with work ever since.

Tinker Tue 29-Mar-05 16:14:49

There's something on teh Learn Direct site for doing this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now