Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

NHS student grants and tax credits...

(5 Posts)
chloeb2002 Sun 27-Mar-05 17:33:54

Is there any one out there in a similar position? I ve been trying to claim the childcare bursary for over 6 months now and the NHS pensions are S##t. I claimed tax credits for 6 weeks during the school holidays before uni. They ended in October when the course began... however im still trying to convince the NHS! AAHHH they keep saying i will have payments backdated. Now the owe me £2000. Its getting very hard borrowing form family all the time. my MP is on the case and to my benefit he is the last Tory leader so he has some clout butb teh flurry of activity he caused three weeks ago has died in the preverbial. He will cahse it again im sure. But i know of one person in my group of friends in the same boat and Im sure there are lots. Id just like to find any of them.....

tiredemma Sun 27-Mar-05 18:16:29

sorry, i dont have any info chloe, but try this website, im certain they will have some info on there.

www.student-nurse.org.uk

hope this helps x

vickiyumyum Tue 29-Mar-05 17:45:56

hi i am a 2nd year student midwife and i currently receive the childcare allowance from nhs pensions, i know that the working families taxt credit etc will not give us nhs students any childcare allowance unless we are working for at least 16 hours a week in a paid job as they do not class a bursary/grant as income!
i know this because last year befor ethe child care allowance was introduced i tried to claim from tax credits and this was the info i received.
good luck getting the money from nhs, i know my freind finally got hers last week!

chloeb2002 Tue 29-Mar-05 18:55:56

Yup I am nearly working 16 hours on top of studying to be able to pay some of the childcare bills! however i know that i should be eligable to the NHS bursary just that they are lousey to deal with... hoever its good to hear that someone else has finally got it sorted. What got me most was the NHs pensions said that had i not mentioned that i had had tax credits it would have all been sorted.... not a good footing for nuring? Lying before you start?

vickiyumyum Tue 29-Mar-05 19:45:21

hey well at least theres hope on the horizon. i hope that you get it sorted soon,as i know just how handy that money is especially when we only get £500 or there abouts to live on as it is.
Good luck with your training and i hope that apart from the financial side of things you are enjoying the course as much as i am.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now