Talk

Advanced search

how the hell can you study with a 3 year old off nursery for 2 weeks

(66 Posts)
nikcola Tue 22-Mar-05 13:33:11

??? she wont leave me alone in 2 weeks i have to .....

make a start on mt ten thousand word project due in may

do my psychology essay,

do maths essay,

do massive biology essan on the male/female reproductive system

and do loads of other stuff but HOW???????/

RnB Tue 22-Mar-05 13:43:08

Message withdrawn

MamaMaiasaura Tue 22-Mar-05 13:45:22

Hi Nikcola - you are studying nursing too arent you? I am in same boat - they schedule their holidays different too. I have lectures 2nd week of easter hols. Essay due April & May - exams in may/june another essay due july. I also have placement which means i have no idea how to get all my hours done

It is ok for those students who dont have these responsibilities.. argghh. Had call from uni today and going ot meet up with someone to discuss extensions but it is kind of putting off the inevitable isnt it.

nikcola Tue 22-Mar-05 13:47:33

im doing a access course at college in heatlh and social care,

god i feel for you it is soo hard im in two minds weather to go to asda and buy her the mary poppins dvd she wanted and some junk food to keep her in the front room god i feel like such a bad mummy

nikcola Tue 22-Mar-05 13:51:33

thats it i give up im going to go to asda and bribe her

MamaMaiasaura Tue 22-Mar-05 13:52:01

You arent a bad mummy nikcola

Go get the mary poppins film for her, you can always work in the same room as she is watching.

How old is dd? By studying you are showing her the importance of hard work

Are you going to do nursing? Which branch? I am 2nd year now..

Ds had been living with his daddy and is coming back to live with me (long story) .. it is fantastic but trying ot work out how to parent/study/placements etc is hard

MamaMaiasaura Tue 22-Mar-05 13:57:56

duh [embarrassed] - saw age on title - sorry

Chandra Tue 22-Mar-05 14:08:14

WhatI did was to send him to sleep at 7, worked religiously for 4 hrs, then go to sleep. Wake up at seven, have a nap for as long as her nap lasts avoid too much activity in the afternoon,that way you don't end up knackered by the time she goes to sleep. Another thing that helped me was to "advance" the deadlines, if I knew Ds was going to be around more than usual I would assume the deadline was just before that time. HTH

Chandra Tue 22-Mar-05 14:09:41

p.s. Assuming that I was not going to be able to work while he was around definitively lowered my worries during the day and helped me focusing at night.

MamaMaiasaura Tue 22-Mar-05 14:10:54

that is good advice chandra - i will try that too. What did you study for?

Blu Tue 22-Mar-05 14:13:20

Nik, can you get some definite times when your dp could take her? Say all day at w/e. Also, as Fri and Mon are bank hol, he won't be working, will he? Otherwise, this is the time to get her to bed at a reasonable hour and work in the evenings.
Good luck!

Blu Tue 22-Mar-05 15:20:48

Oi, and Nik - get off MN and work - I can see you!

sallystrawberry Tue 22-Mar-05 15:34:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nikcola Tue 22-Mar-05 16:07:35

oh SS you are worse off than me, if only we lived closer to each other we could have each other dds for the day!

i gave in an went to asds to get her the film and its on but she aint watchin it she is messing about as normal!

my friend is gonna have dd for the day tomoorw from 12 till bout 5 so i should be able to get some work done

im now stuffing my face with dds rusty roll that she didnt eat

nikcola Tue 22-Mar-05 16:07:50

CRUSTY not rusty lol!

SofiaAmes Wed 23-Mar-05 00:42:42

nikcola, there are times when you shouldn't feel guilty for parking your child in front of the tv/video/dvd and this is surely one of them. She will NOT be scarred for life (except for a short teenage period when everything will be your fault), if you let her watch tv all day for 2 weeks. I'm sure that you are diligent and attentive parent the rest of the time and sometimes we all need a break.

nikcola Wed 23-Mar-05 17:14:02

ok shes not here today and i still cant get my head round this essay

sallystrawberry Thu 24-Mar-05 22:25:28

chloeb2002 Sat 26-Mar-05 08:18:15

My god nicola a 10000 word project at access that is dissertation length. Tough course. DD goest to bed at 7pm like chandra and then i just cram for 4 hours too. I also do the bringing the deadline forward bit too. Normally by a fortnight. Funny all my friendss think im just some kind of acedmeic genius but the truth is if i left it till the last week DD is bound to be sick... not sleep.. stress me out or i stress her because im anxious about the deadlines...
Sympathies awen with you for placements im going onto a sugical rotation in two weeks hospital 30 mins away, and earlys start at 7.30 am DD's nursey doesnt open till 8 am and my babysitters are on holiday. Seeing the sister next week and am going to have to beg to start later and finish later. please have all fingers crossed. Keep trying to remember im supernumerary. ha ha.

sallystrawberry Sun 27-Mar-05 13:02:35

nikcola Sun 27-Mar-05 13:26:49

i havent even started it yet ive also got to do a BIG essay on the reproductive system its got to be 5 thousand words will start that tomoorw !

sallystrawberry Sun 27-Mar-05 13:29:54

nikcola Sun 27-Mar-05 13:35:04

psycology is on attachment theory ive done 700 words but aint finished yet its so boring!

biology is on

male and female bits !!!
the stages of birth
lactation?
gamates?
and loads of other stuff we have finished biology now and after easter we are dong health policy the reason the biology essay is so big is cause we had to change teachers the other one left us so we couldnt catch up so they have made up do it all in one huge essay wich isnt fair really isit?

my project is about teenage parents i dont even want to think about starting ot

sallystrawberry Sun 27-Mar-05 13:36:42

nikcola Sun 27-Mar-05 13:37:37

im not dong no homework today im having a day
off
are you studying today?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now