Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Anyone know about student loan payment dates?

(7 Posts)
Pawslikepaddington Thu 23-Oct-08 11:32:26

I got my financial notification yesterday and my estimated date of payment was 14th Oct, but it hasn't come yet and I need to pay my rent! Could it just be late or gone to a random account somewhere? Argh! I have no phoneline atm so can't ring them (just moved house).

jofeb04 Fri 24-Oct-08 10:31:57

When did you register? Only asking this as my payment was due on the 22nd of Sept, but as I didn't register until Sept 29th, it went through then.

Katiekins83 Fri 24-Oct-08 14:04:10

it can take up to 5 working days after you register.

Pawslikepaddington Fri 24-Oct-08 17:11:04

After I register with whom? College won't register you until you have your student support letters through, but only got them 2 days ago, so will it be next week?

jofeb04 Fri 24-Oct-08 20:46:13

Unless college is different to university (and you mean college), we had to register before the money would be sent by BACS.

Need to take final notification to finance office.

fourkidsmum Sat 25-Oct-08 12:23:49

if its a university, the payment dates are usually the first day of each term. this works as long as you have applied in plenty of time and therefore have your final notification and payment schedule letters by the first day of the academic year.

once you have the letters and have registered, payment is usually into your bank withinn 3-5 working days i think.

obviously the payments at the beginning of the spring and summer terms aren't affected by when you registered so should go in on the first day back.

hope that helps!

Pawslikepaddington Sat 25-Oct-08 13:37:45

Thank you-we are in a collegiate system, i.e. you belong to a college within the university, so it will work in the same way. Money at last, or in a few days at least, thank goodness!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now