Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

If you had a breech baby,

(2 Posts)
WinkyWinkola Mon 06-Oct-08 16:43:10

what would be the most important things for you to know about in terms of birth?

I've got work to do on this for my course and just wondered what parents-to-be would want to see prioritised in terms of information.

Any ideas would be gratefully received as I'm currently wading through reams of medical info and I'm thinking my presentation is going to be as dull as ditchwater!

RuthChan Mon 06-Oct-08 20:16:14

I have never had a breech baby, but I'm currently 32 weeks pregnant and my baby is yet to turn, so one may be on the cards...

My current worries (in no particular order) are whether I can have it naturally or the doctor would insist on a caesarian. (In my case, I know that my doctor is prepared to go for natural because it's my second.)

What pain relief would be available/recommended.

What the dangers are for baby/me.

What I could do/could be done, if anything, to help the baby turn between now and the birth.

Some information about how the doctor would actually plan to go about delivering the baby if it differed from a head-first birth.

I already know that my baby is bottom down, legs up and that that is the preferable position for a breech birth.

I also know that I will be sent for a pelvic measurement of some sort to check that there is actually space to deliver the baby in that manner.

I don't know if these are the kinds of things you had in mind.
Maybe you can advise me about the sorts of questions I should be asking at this point...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now