Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Midwifery / Peadiatric Nursing or Both........

(7 Posts)
Mistiek Sat 04-Oct-08 09:24:00

Hello,

I was originally starting my Access Course to be able to study Midwifery but now I am thinking about Peadiatric Nursing and Midwifery .

Is anoyone doing both or one or the other that could shair some info about it.

tiredemma Sat 04-Oct-08 09:26:11

Hi there-

I was just about to reply to your email!

You cant do childrens and midwifery, you can do adult nursing and then do 18 months conversion to do paeds or midwifery.

If you did childrens and then decided to do midwifery- you would have to do both three year courses.

Mistiek Sat 04-Oct-08 09:30:21

Ah..... well now I did not know that. hmmmm I find so much out from all you lovley peops grin

I think Midwifery it would be then... I think. Ah why can't these decision be sinmple....

Im 30 now and feel I have waisted 7 years in my marriage that has just ended so want to make sure I do the right thing. I want to be able to give my kids a good life!

DaisySteiner Sat 04-Oct-08 09:36:17

I'd be very wary of doing nursing and then trying to convert to midwifery as lots of unis are withdrawing their 18 month conversion courses.

teenspirit Sat 04-Oct-08 09:48:43

check out job situation first - Primary Care is changing a lot and there might be coming up more opportunities for childrens nurses.

Mistiek Sat 04-Oct-08 10:01:04

hmmm - definately some food for thought, although I really want to work with pregnant women and babies..... so I definately want to do midwifery.

greenbeanie Wed 15-Oct-08 09:04:05

Have you thought about health visiting - you work with pregnant mums and babies. Although you would have to train as a midwife or nurse 1st before doing health visiting training.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now