Talk

Advanced search

I am three weeks into a PGCE and I feel like I have been hit by a truck. Is this normal?

(11 Posts)
hapsty Fri 03-Oct-08 19:00:04

and does it get better?
TIA
HC xx

jennifersofia Fri 03-Oct-08 19:25:48

Yes, quite normal. Does get better - sort of better for me during my NQT year, much better by 2nd year teaching. Sorry to tell you that! Make use of fellow students as a real support network, emotional and academically. Where are you doing it?

harpsichordcarrier Sat 04-Oct-08 20:58:25

I am at Oxford Brookes.
my fellow students are (mostly) wildly younger than me though!

hercules1 Sat 04-Oct-08 20:59:53

Yes, normal. NQT is a bit better but not much and then it begins to get easier. I left my PGCE 3 times and am stilll teaching 8 years later.

harpsichordcarrier Sat 04-Oct-08 21:06:56

3 times shock
that's pretty impressive
I feel a little better today after a four hour lie in shock

allgonebellyup Mon 06-Oct-08 18:42:00

i think i am still gonna stick to the part time one now i have read this thread!!

Blandmum Mon 06-Oct-08 18:43:50

Yes, it is bloody hard work. It does get easier when you have got 'used' to things.

NQT is a bit easier, and it is always easier to work with a class if they think you are a 'real' teacher and not 'just a student'

I did mine part time

badgermonkey Mon 06-Oct-08 18:45:32

Yes, it is ridiculously difficult - something only people who have been through it will understand, I'm afraid! And it does get easier.

Blandmum Mon 06-Oct-08 18:46:20

and at the end of it all you have people quip, 'Those who can't, teach'

[bitter laugh]

AbbeyA Mon 06-Oct-08 18:59:38

Perfectly normal!

Loshad Mon 13-Oct-08 21:47:09

i'm doing one too, and loving the days i'm in school( 2 days/week) but really not enjoying the uni bit much at all - the main course tutor is not pleasant sad so i'm just counting those days off until i have my block of full time in school grin. Nearly all my coursemates are young enough to be my kids!! nice bunch though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now