Advanced search

any access course students out there

(20 Posts)
threadkillingstrawberry Tue 01-Mar-05 21:58:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

threadkillingstrawberry Tue 01-Mar-05 22:04:05

joash Tue 01-Mar-05 22:08:42

I was an access student (many moons ago). I was full time and sorry to say that your workload looks abuot right compared to the load that we had as full timers.

threadkillingstrawberry Tue 01-Mar-05 22:09:46

threadkillingstrawberry Tue 01-Mar-05 22:10:32

threadkillingstrawberry Tue 01-Mar-05 22:11:24

joash Tue 01-Mar-05 22:12:14

When I moved onto my degree - I was surprised at how much less the workload was for the degree, than the access course. Some of the other students on the degree also said that they had a lot less work to do on the degree than they'd had in their A'levels. So all I can say, is that it MIGHT get easier.

threadkillingstrawberry Tue 01-Mar-05 22:17:41

joash Tue 01-Mar-05 22:20:41

Here's something that might amuse you (bet you're not surprised though) -My Interdisciplinary study was "SEX - why is it an issue?" and I got 100% for it.

threadkillingstrawberry Tue 01-Mar-05 22:22:02

joash Tue 01-Mar-05 22:25:29

Funniest bit was that during the research, for a chapter on lesbian sex - a friend was helping me go through some books looking for relevant information. My mother was sat in the other room and heard my friend reading out a section on (Wait for it) Lesbian fist f*cking (sorry about that - plaiting my legs here). Anyway, my mother left very quickly and went and told her friends that I was applying for degree in Lesbianism!!!!

threadkillingstrawberry Tue 01-Mar-05 22:26:51

joash Tue 01-Mar-05 22:28:00

Went to see her when I found out from a friend of hers. Told her that the academic side was bloddy difficult - but the practicals were fun. She wasn't amused in the slightest and to this day thinks that I shagged women to get my degree.

joash Tue 01-Mar-05 22:28:20

bloody difficult even

threadkillingstrawberry Tue 01-Mar-05 22:28:34

redsky Tue 01-Mar-05 22:43:42

Sounds a lot to me strawb!! I did a part time humanities access course about 6 years ago (even tho I've got a BA) - with a view to studying for MA. First year of access was brilliant - only missed a few deadlines and was told I could make them up in 2nd year. However I fell way behind very quickly in 2nd year and didn't even finish the course. But even so I don't think I had THAT many assignments at any one time. Good luck - hope you achieve your ambitions!

I am the world's worst wimp - when the going gets tough, I leg it.

threadkillingstrawberry Tue 01-Mar-05 22:59:12

joash Tue 01-Mar-05 23:37:52

sally are you still awake?

Punnet Thu 17-Mar-05 21:23:13

Hiya Access Student at bridgwater College. Love it!! Great tutors, great mates, massive challenge!!

Punnet Thu 17-Mar-05 21:27:26

Psychology- essays on the development of measured intelligence due in last week but in progress
essay on perspectives given today due Tuesday
English Lit- Look Back in Anger Essay in today, Othello due two weeks
maths- Assignment in last week, three weeks til next
IT_ four modules due as starting late in a bid to finish year early
Study Skills- one in progress
History- Exam today, one in last week, another module started next week

Help!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now