Talk

Advanced search

Do you need to register at uni for each year of your uni course?

(8 Posts)
colie Wed 24-Sep-08 15:02:49

Asking on here as don't want to have to email my tutor again. He is going to think I am a right numpty!!

I left uni during the first year to have a baby. I have spoken to my tutor (via email) who said I would be best returning this November. I know the first years are registering for the course this week. Not sure if I have to or would I already be registered.

Does anyone know? I suppose I am best checking with tutor or the horrible cow who runs the admin for the course hmm. She is awful.

Zazette Wed 24-Sep-08 15:17:43

yes, register again every year (lecturer speaking). but if you can, I would go back now - not ideal to be re-entering midway through a term, IMO

colie Thu 25-Sep-08 17:13:03

Thanks for reply Zazette- Why do you not recommend returning midway through a term? Is it becuase I will have missed too many lectures etc. or because all my student collegues will be friendly by then and I won't know any them?

Thanking you for your reply in advance.

hatwoman Thu 25-Sep-08 17:14:24

can't you phone a course administrator?

FairLadyRantALot Thu 25-Sep-08 18:19:01

Colie...what course are you doing?
Just wondeirng, if you maybe do a course such as Nursing, then maybe the reason why your tutor adviced you to return in NOvember is, possibly because you might be going in line with the part timers?

No idea baout the registration, to be honest...have only just started my first year in OT....so, clueless and overwhelmed right now, lol

colie Fri 26-Sep-08 00:07:06

The course adminstrator is the "horrible cow". Think I will try and get her email and mail her.

Every student hates having to approach her for anything. We all moaned about her to the lecturers but she is still there.

We all dread handing our assignments in because they have to be handed to her. Even at school I wasn't treated so disrespectfully shock.

hatwoman Fri 26-Sep-08 00:22:54

blush - sorry didn;t read your op properly

avenanap Fri 26-Sep-08 00:30:48

You do need to register every year for most courses, however I didn't need to register at all for my nursing course, the uni did it all. It should tell you on your student union card, if it expires sep 2008 then you need to enroll again. If it lasts for the duration of your course then you don't need to. In theory though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now