Talk

Advanced search

I cannot believe it........

(9 Posts)
leothelioness Thu 18-Sep-08 14:19:34

I am completely and utterly in shock and over the moon but I have just gotten the results of my latest OU course and I have a Distinction.

OMG I really can't believe it. I am so happy just wanted to share and hey seriously if I can do it anyone can.

murphyslaw Thu 18-Sep-08 14:20:18

congratulations!!! - what course did you do?

leothelioness Thu 18-Sep-08 14:34:54

SK277 human biology

murphyslaw Thu 18-Sep-08 15:25:15

Ah - I am due to start that in October!

Tell me all - what was the exam like?

Would you also mind telling me what subjects are covered in module 1 so I can get ahead?

Would really appreciate it grin

Stargazer Thu 18-Sep-08 15:26:30

Many congratulations - it's a good feeling.

Katiekins83 Thu 18-Sep-08 15:55:19

Fabulous, well done!

sandy4 Thu 18-Sep-08 16:11:21

WOW - many congrats.

Brainy thing envy, don't suppose you fancy doing my OU law ECA for me, its due nxt week ????

leothelioness Fri 19-Sep-08 02:22:34

Sandy I would love to help but unfortunately law most law books look like they were written for martians I donot understand a word grin.
Good luck I am sure you will do really well

leothelioness Fri 19-Sep-08 02:32:55

Ah murphy it is a great course I thoroughly enjoyed it even more so after I saw the result though wink.
There are four course books and in the first the main chapters are nutrition and digestion. Thsi course does not require any outside reading so if you just read the course book thoroughly then you should be fine.
The exam is in 3 Parts
Part 1
short questions from across the course these. This section is divided so each book is covered in one sub-section. No choice you nedd to attempt everything

Part 2
Data handling question. Information provided in the questions requires interpretation based on what you have learned and also reading graphs etc. No choice

Part 3
Essay question. 4 questions and you must choose 1.

All I will say is that I must have absorbed more informaion than I realized as the books are really well written and as long as you donot fall too far behind you will be fine.
This was however the only course I did this year so I could really focus on it.
I am couuently doing a short course and next year begin S204.

Good luck and if you want any more info. just ask.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now