Talk

Advanced search

MU120 & MT121 -anyone else doing it?

(6 Posts)
SpandexIsMyEnemy Wed 17-Sep-08 16:43:40

i've ahem just realised that I should have an assignment ready to send in on the course before it starts blush

didn't think I had to get anything sorted till the 27th as am still finishing up my old course blush

is anyone else doing/done the 2 together - am just hoping i've not bitten off more than I can chew tbh.

Madsometimes Fri 19-Sep-08 10:12:52

I'm doing MST121, but not at the same time as MU120. I may start the follow on level 2 course in February, depends on how hard I find the work! MU120 was a fairly simple course which I did because my maths was too rusty to go straight into MST121. The self evaluation part of MU120 sends most people up the wall, although it is easy marks. My tutor for MU120 was lovely and gave me some very nice comments on my TMAs so it was good for my confidence smile

SpandexIsMyEnemy Fri 19-Sep-08 10:29:50

hello there, i've had a lok at it now the MU120 looks very much like the Y162 i've been doing over the summer - have been getting on ok with that one.

how are you finding the MST121?

I had a look at it and am slightly daunted at the level it goes straight in at. for the most part I think i'll be ok - but am a bit worried, am possibly thinking of deffering it - do you know if you can defere until feb for the level 1 part?

Madsometimes Fri 19-Sep-08 14:41:26

I don't know about deferring. My dh deferred on an arts course but it cost him money because the course had already started.

I would ask on First Class about how people have got on with doing MU120 and MST121 at the same time. I am fairly sure that a few people did this last September, then did MS221 in Feb and were working shock

I'm a SAHM so fitting in study is not too bad for me. It's just getting off Mumsnet and doing it that the problem grin

SpandexIsMyEnemy Fri 19-Sep-08 16:42:07

yes i'm not working either so am trying to juggle 16 hours of study into 3/4 nights a week!

how many hours do you find you need to study for (they approximate 8 per course)

my course is funded (lone parent) so think I need to see what impact it would have - then again hoping to do a degree in a year or 2 so can't defer that one!

Madsometimes Sat 20-Sep-08 13:22:11

MU120 was fairly accurate about the amount of studying needed. Maybe if you are very good with numbers it could take less time.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now