Talk

Advanced search

PGCE FE

(4 Posts)
charliechew Mon 15-Sep-08 23:55:54

Hi I've signed up to do my PGCE FE in September, I'm worried. Didn't get a grant for childcare. I've also got a very unsupportive DH (thinks I'm wasting my time). Doing it for the kids really, we need the money. Anyone in the same boat? Has anyone else done the course? I've still not got a placement (Arrghhh).

avenanap Mon 15-Sep-08 23:59:07

smile I'm not doing a PGCE but know my way around the system.

Your Uni should have funds availiable, either through a childcare fund or an access to learning fund, check their web site. If it's anything like nursing then their placements will be given out once you start.

Good luck!

MrsMattie Thu 18-Sep-08 16:13:40

I'm thinking of applying to do this for next year. Wheer are you studying? I've taught a bit at FE level previously and I have to say - I really enjoyed it. Shame your DH is unsupportive sad.

charliechew Sun 21-Sep-08 23:51:05

Hi MrsMattie,

Things have got slightly better. I've now found out that I can put the DCs in the school breakfast/evening club and that the nursery have also decided to do afternoons too. It's probably just me wanting everything to be just so, i.e. a set number of teaching hours etc. I'm due to start offcially this week. I've had some promising news about my placement. Someone who did the course, contacted me and has offered me some teaching hours. There is a placement office, but from the feedback I have received from the other students, they haven't yet managed to find the other students any placements. I think the real problem for me is not having any real set hours regarding my placement. What area are you hoping to go in to? From the feedback I've got so far from my prospective placement mentor,it appears to be a good course. Only time will tell,I hope so, fingers crossed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now