Talk

Advanced search

Start my placement in primary school tomorrow (TA L2) any ideas on what to expect?

(5 Posts)
pucca Wed 10-Sep-08 22:05:22

Just started my Teaching Assistant Level 2 course, and i start my placement tomorrow, i have to do 100 hours over the time of the course (1 yr) so i am doing 2 mornings a week with year 3.

I am feeling a little nervous, can anyone give me some advice? or tell me what to expect?

Thankyou smile

pucca Wed 10-Sep-08 22:31:31

manyhands Fri 12-Sep-08 21:51:39

I've done placements for the PGCE and found that thanking the head and teacher for having me went a long way. Teachers TV has some excellent programmes for TAs if you need any ideas.

pucca Mon 15-Sep-08 00:00:24

Thanks Manyhands, i have in advance thanked the Head and the Teacher, as i really do appreciate them letting me gain experience.

I have now done 2 days, and i am loving it, and learning loads too, i have/am going to keep a diary of everything i do on the mornings i am there.

44flowers Tue 19-Dec-17 15:31:45

Hi I am starting my level two in January and have a placement like you feeling very nervous would be nice to support each other, does anyone know what the course is like, hard or easy, lots of homework some information would be helpful from those that have done the course recently.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: