Talk

Advanced search

Holidays during term time

(2 Posts)
jofeb04 Tue 09-Sep-08 10:42:39

Hiya,

Thinking of having a week to ten night holiday in May. Will be before exams (don't think I have any then).

Can only afford this time of year, and as my in-laws can have my two dc, this holiday is really needed (same as many!).

But, what is the general view within university term time?

Want to pay deposit end of month.

Thanks

trumpetgirl Tue 09-Sep-08 15:27:28

Well, the university I attend insists that if you have time off, you must be given special permission by the department (I had to provide a doctor's note when stayed at home with dd as she had chickenpox!) However, I am in a subject which usually has about 200 students in each lecture and I have known people who don't bother to attend lectures at all, so you might get away with it if you can catch up with the work.
Personally, I wouldn't do it. I'm studying maths, and a week off means missing approx 8 lectures and 4 seminars.
Depends on lots of things really, but you should be able to find a student handbook or something to download from the university website, to see what is expected of you.

If all else fails, you could make up an excuse, which won't require a doctor's note or anything!! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now