Talk

Advanced search

Anyone done or about to start TA level 2 course?

(21 Posts)
pucca Sun 07-Sep-08 23:20:06

I start it tomorrow evening, and start my placement on Thurs... very excited!

Can anyone tell me about the course?

TIA smile

pucca Mon 08-Sep-08 15:42:25

shinyshoes Mon 08-Sep-08 15:46:03

Is it the CACHE or the NVQ.

I have done the CACHE level 2 and 3

pucca Mon 08-Sep-08 16:17:56

You know what? i have no idea blush

Ok, just looked and it says it is the NCFE certificate.

shinyshoes Mon 08-Sep-08 16:45:38

No haven't done that one sorry , hopefully someone will come along and help you soon smile

pucca Mon 08-Sep-08 18:11:51

Thanks anyhow Shinyshoes smile

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pucca Wed 10-Sep-08 22:02:52

Well i started college and all is good that end, think it is going to be alot of work though lol, i start my placement tomorrow, doing 2 mornings, (have to do 100 hours), i am feeling a bit nervous about tomorrow...

Any ideas what to expect?

How many hours are you doing per week MMJ?

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

pucca Mon 15-Sep-08 00:02:55

MMJ... Same here re college, really enjoyed the first session. Have to write a letter of introduction for Tues.

My placement is fab! been in 2 mornings now, and i agree it is a bit full on, but i am loving it, and have learnt so much already! the teacher i am working with is fab, and has said once i have settled she will give me groups to work with alone.

How are you getting on?

getting on ok pucca.
back in school tomorrow.

had a quick chat with headteacher today and said i felt quite nervous in class and was worried i was doing things wrong when i was working with groups of children.

she said i need to have more confidence, that i'm doing a good job and that the teacher i'm working with has been very comlpimentary about me. so we'll see.

daft question but what are you wearing to go into school?

pucca Tue 16-Sep-08 00:08:00

Sounds good MMJ smile sounds to me that you are doing fine and dandy.

I am just wearing black trousers, black shoes and simple tops really, cardigans, smart and plain but comfy too. smile

yes-similar here. have worn jeans a few times too with shirts.

pucca Tue 16-Sep-08 00:14:21

I think its probably best to go off what other TAs and teachers are wearing really. smile

Do you think it might be a good idea to do a pediatric first aid course? Been thinking about it, and enquired today its £89 for a 2 day course.

certainly not an option for me at the moment but good idea.

just back from college. got all the bumph today and i am feeling completely overwhelmed.

pucca Sun 21-Sep-08 16:29:24

MMJ... I am a bit like that myself really, i don't get how it all works atm, as all we have really done is induction and we don't seem to have been told exactly what happens when etc. It all seems a bit airy fairy at present.

Have you gone straight for the level 3 then?

I am loving my placement now, the kids are all fab, and i have already been given groups on my own to spend time with, its fab.

themildmannneredjanitor Sun 21-Sep-08 21:54:08

i have a meeting with my assessor on oct 1st to go over my folder and i suppose she'll show me what on earth i'm supposed to be doing wth all the forms in there!

i'm also working alone with groups-even OUT OF THE CLASSROOM!!!shockgrin

are you developing your 'teacher voice' yet?grin

pucca Mon 22-Sep-08 00:17:32

MMJ... Yes i have been thrown in at the deep end as i have been given groups to work with out of the classroom too, groups of 5 at a time - scary!

I think the hardest part is getting the authority in your voice, it is so weird being that way when it isn't your own children lol but yes i am getting there, i think the children were kind of testing me out on Friday as they started messing around a bit when i was on my own with them, and i had to pull rank type of thing and get them to behave which was a little scary for me. grin

I have just spent the best part of 3 hours writing all about confidentiality - how stimulating lol.

themildmannneredjanitor Mon 22-Sep-08 10:44:32

really?shock
god- my 'homework' for this week is do 3/4 of a side on a my hopes and fears for the course!

themildmannneredjanitor Mon 06-Oct-08 20:34:52

hey pucca-how's it going?
got my date for my first observation today!
have provisionally chosen my optional modules and am feeling marginally more confident!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now