Talk

Advanced search

Right, have finally made a desicion.............

(6 Posts)
IllegallyBrunette Sun 31-Aug-08 18:55:52

I am going to do the Cache childcare diploma which I was accepted for a few weeks ago.

It isn't going to be easy, as it is fulltime and has placements where the hours may be long, but it is the area I want to work in, and I have to remember that that is more important than me just doing any old course to get me a job, that I then hate 6mths down the line.

I'm going to be assertive and research some different options for placements rather than just nurseries and schools. I'd like to do a placement in a hospital and with a health visitor as I know alot of their work is now undertaken by community nursery nurses.

If i start to slack or struggle to stay motivated, I will come back here and expect a kick up the back side.

undercovercat Sun 31-Aug-08 20:22:03

Ha, we are all gonna be dragging you back to this thread!
Good Luck finding a placement

IllegallyBrunette Sun 31-Aug-08 21:38:56

smile

I just hope to god I can do it this time.

zippitippitoes Sun 31-Aug-08 21:40:48

smile

right decision made you can have a lovely holiday

tiredemma Mon 01-Sep-08 08:31:45

I know where you live so if you do start slacking, it wont be a message on here you will get, ill be at your front door- with my biggest boots on wink

If you can push for placements with the health visitors, it would be a fantastic opportunity. I dont know if I told you before, but when I had my placements with the HVs, they had some great nursery nurses who appeared to have wonderful jobs.

3andnomore Mon 01-Sep-08 21:55:41

sounds good...childrens centres might also make good Placements and there will be plenty of jobs in that!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now