Talk

Advanced search

Anyone done a BTEC Intermeidate certificate in Dental Nursing ??

(9 Posts)
IllegallyBrunette Wed 27-Aug-08 14:19:16

I am going to the college to hopefully enrol on this course on Friday and just wondered if anyone here had done it.

IllegallyBrunette Wed 27-Aug-08 16:36:21

Bump

IllegallyBrunette Wed 27-Aug-08 19:02:16

Hmm wonder if it is a new course then.

ellideb Wed 27-Aug-08 19:04:39

I'm a qualified dental nurse and I did the two year National recognised dental nurse qualification. Part time college and full-time chairside. Don't know if that is the same though?

IllegallyBrunette Wed 27-Aug-08 19:07:48

I don't think it is no. This is only a one year course, one day a week.

I think that the aim of the course, for someone like me who isn't currently working, is to get you to a level where you'd be more likely to be succesful in gaining a job in a surgery afterwards, and then continuing on to do the NVQ 3 in Dental Nursing.

ellideb Wed 27-Aug-08 19:13:06

That's what it was, the NVQ 3 in dental nursing! Couldn't remember the name of it as I no longer work as a dental nurse. What is it you want to know anyway? (nosey emoticon)

IllegallyBrunette Wed 27-Aug-08 19:15:08

Oh I just wondered if anyone haxd done the BTEC one and how it was, what the course involved etc.

The course description is very brief and doesn't really explain the content.

ellideb Wed 27-Aug-08 19:39:14

Could you speak to one of the college tutors about it?

IllegallyBrunette Wed 27-Aug-08 22:32:19

Don't seem to be able to speak to anyone like that when you ring up.

It took me 15 min of being on hold before I spoke to anyone today, and the line was so bad I could barely hear her.

No problem though, I will explain on Friday that i'd really like to speak to someone who can give me a bit more info on it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now